Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that’s run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand – our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We’ve built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what’s next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we’re headed, we’d love to have you join us.
About the role
The role of the OMNI Inventory Management Planner is to maximize sales, margin, and inventory through strategic end-to-end optimization across all customer channels. This work requires strong analytical and story-telling skills, the ability to build close partnerships with other functions, and a focus on executing best-in-class customer experience while delivering/exceeding financial targets. The OMNI Inventory Management Planner will own pre-season planning and in-season yield management through hindsight, buy-planning, financial target setting, monthly forecasting, commercial plan alignment, pricing, and basics management while creating strategic alignment across cross-functional teams, markets, and channels
Planner, Merchandise Planning oversees multiple departments with the below responsibilities:
- Collaborate with the merchant team to develop and communicate a comprehensive pre-season strategy that aligns financial and product opportunities across multiple departments, inclusive of style/sku targets, in-store dates, good/better/best framework, key attribute, and season code (time on offer).
- Responsible for style-level investments that hit the tops down product strategies and financial plan inclusive of sales, margin, and inventory from division to department.
- Own business recaps (week, month, quarterly) to inform short term and long-term financial strategies/action plans
- Recap and analyze business results vs expectations and develop opportunity or risk mitigation plans as needed.
- Own Channel & Market OTB Sales, Margin and Inventory forecasting
- Inform and validate Commercial Plan
- Drive profitability through leading and executing promotional and markdown strategies which align with divisional and brand financial goals
- Influence cross functional partners to drive outcomes
Who you are
- Minimum 3 to 4 years inventory management experience
- Four year college degree or equivalent required
- Ability to travel internationally or domestically
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Gap
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs