About Banana Republic
Banana Republic was founded with an explorer’s spirit and a desire to venture to new places, beyond the boundaries of the everyday. Our clothing is designed for a life with no boundaries.
We travel near and far in search of the finest materials and fabric innovations to infuse style with substance, because we believe that what you wear should open a world of possibilities. And the people that make up Banana Republic share the same qualities as our brand: curious, connected, undaunted by boundaries. Sound like you? Join us for the adventure of what’s next.
About the role
BRFS- Inventory Management Basics Planner
The role of the IM team is to maximize sales and margin through the strategic positioning of inventory investments and the methodical management of in-season profitability. The basics planner will focus on BAS coded products across multiple departments. This work requires strong analytical and story-telling skills, the ability to build close partnerships with IM planners and other functions (such as merchandising and store planning), and a focus on executing best in class customer experience while delivering/exceeding financial targets. Ownership of business spans US & Canada markets.
- Own and manage analytic approach, forecasting, and measurement methodology for inventory management initiatives.
- Present pre-season forecast to planner partners to use as an input to their seasonal plans.
- Reforecast sales and inventory need monthly and proactively surface and communicate business issues.
- Refine size profiles seasonally.
- Collaborate with cross functional partners (planning, merchandising, store planning) for new basics launch strategy.
- Develop and implement inventory management initiatives that support overall company and brand objectives.
- Identify areas to improve process and tools for basics & reporting.
- Work with others to bring form / structure to ambiguous situations.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of industry trends to introduce continual process, tool and methodology improvements.
Who you are
- Minimum 2 to 3 years inventory management experience
- Four-year college degree or equivalent preferred
- Business Acumen: Knowledge of financial measures and how in-season strategies impact them. Understands the broader marketplace and competition. Aware of changing trends and customer behaviors that impact the way we do business.
- Presentation Skills & Comfort Around Higher Management: Strong story-telling ability to synthesize large amounts of data into conclusions and recommendations in oral and written formats
- Peer Relationships: Collaborates with peers and cross functional partners to share best practices and develop strategic knowledge
- Customer Focus: Constant focus on customer thinking within all tasks. Has a passion for product and how it shows up to the customer across all touch points.
- Dealing with Ambiguity: Flexible and adaptive to changing priorities with a willingness to learn and improve processes
- Drive for Results: Proven track record of adding more value within the same role over time
- Organizational Agility: Ability to work independently and with teams interchangeably to deliver results
- Technical Learning: Strong skill set in Microsoft Excel (Comfortable with: VLookup, Pivot Tables, Creating Formulas, Usi
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Banana Republic
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs