About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
At Gap Inc., we are passionate about creating and delivering quality software by utilizing Agile and DevOps best practices. We are creating Cloud-based solutions using Automation, Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration & Delivery, Pair Programming, and story-based iterative development. In this role, you will have key responsibilities for designing, developing/enhancing, scaling and optimizing various Inventory Management applications.
We are looking for imaginative individuals experienced with cutting-edge server technologies, and state-of-the-art Engineering and DevOps practices powering inventory management applications to scale.
- Serve as application SME for certain Retail Supply Chain processes and applies best practices in the Software Engineering field and train others on these practices and standards
- Define options/alternatives for proposals to meet new IT enabling opportunities
- Develop and review software for large complex business problems within and across projects or within one or more systems.
- Deploy applications, infrastructure, upgrades, and changes to platform capacity.
- Conduct development and design reviews and practice automation, continuous integration and continuous delivery embracing DevOps mindset
- Develop/Design continuous integration and build pipeline and write well-written, self-documenting code that follows best practices and design patterns
- Collaborate and partner with architects in recommending emerging technologies and application solutions
Who you are
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent experience and 8+ years of software development experience
- Proven Experience in the Design-Implementation-Testing-Support of features that make up the Product/Applications. Preferable experience in Retail/Supply Chain systems.
- Expert proficiency in Java, SQL, No SQL, Event Queue (RabbitMQ, Kafka),REST/SOAP, TCP/IP protocols, SpringBoot, Pivotal Cloud Foundry, Kubernetes, Microsoft Azure or other Cloud Technologies
- Demonstrated experience using test automation frameworks using Cucumber, Groovy and Gradle
- Experience working with Continuous Integration and environment development of build pipeline using with Jenkins and Chef.
- Experience using and setting up application monitoring using tools like Splunk, New Relic and Pager Duty
- Experience in planning and supporting production cutover activities and stabilization support and working in an Agile Scrum Environment
- Possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills and proven ability to think objectively and interpret meaningful themes from quantitative and qualitative data
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs