About Banana Republic
Banana Republic was founded with an explorer’s spirit and a desire to venture to new places, beyond the boundaries of the everyday. Our clothing is designed for a life with no boundaries.
We travel near and far in search of the finest materials and fabric innovations to infuse style with substance, because we believe that what you wear should open a world of possibilities. And the people that make up Banana Republic share the same qualities as our brand: curious, connected, undaunted by boundaries. Sound like you? Join us for the adventure of what’s next.
About the role
The Manager of Banana Republic Brand Strategy is responsible for helping manage the initiatives and capabilities Banana Republic Brand needs to compete effectively and to deliver the future growth. This leader will manage and conduct relevant analysis to ensure the competitive landscape is understood and inform the optimal market positioning.
This leader will also conduct customer journey mapping to vet all strategies and capabilities to ensure they deliver what our customer wants. This leader will support strategic change initiatives to drive growth.
What you'll do
- Manages business strategy at brand level centered on consumer
- Conducts analysis to vet new ideas against expected outcomes and consumer needs
- Conducts and pulls together full journey mapping to validate opportunities
- Identifies and deconstructs business issues; develops strategic, analytical, and financial frameworks to evaluate
- Structures and manages strategic initiatives in partnership with select brand leaders
- Drives to clear outcomes
- Manages transformation efforts
Who you are
- 6+ years of strategy consulting and / or corporate strategy experience with deep knowledge of apparel, retail, customer and digital. Experience with a digitally native or omni product company preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree required and MBA preferred
- Experience in advancing and growing businesses globally
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills; ability to frame new, ambiguous and complex issues; able to generate insight through rigorous analysis
- Turnaround and transformation experience
- Experience with agile methodologies, including consumer journey mapping and test-and-learn environments
- Strong influence skills and ability to work successfully with peers; a true team player
- Strong communications and presentation skills
- Seasoned project management skills
- Passion for product and consumer experience
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Banana Republic
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs