About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
We are looking for a Network Engineer in the Distribution and Fulfillment space in Fishkill, NY. This engineer will have direct responsibility for having comprehensive knowledge on network architecture, operation and maintenance deliverables for the Fishkill site and for sites across the US, Canada and UK. You'll be required to handle multiple complex, long-term projects simultaneously along with being an escalation point of contact for various Distribution and Fulfilment operation teams. You’ll collaborate, influence, and strategize with cross-functional partners to share goals that positively impact our Distribution and Fulfillment network engineering and operational functions.
What you'll do
- Leverage existing network design standards or implementations to develop and improve design specifications in the implementation of complex network systems at the LAN, WAN, wireless and server room layers.
- Utilize scripting and programming languages to automate network change activities to achieve consistent results at scale and in multiple environments.
- Document existing network architecture and environment to help the lower level teams respond to support issues timely and without having to escalate. Additionally, maintain and update documentation as expansion or changes in design occur.
- Work with customer teams on requests of the new projects while providing excellent customer service and updating all relevant stakeholders and partners on project status and any obstacles that could affect deadlines.
- Works with team members to ensure the design and implementation methodology is consistent across all sites in the Distribution and Fulfillment Centers (DC/FC) is maintained. This enables the whole team to share the burden of support at any site, although you will have ownership of the site you specifically maintain.
- Ensure all wired and wireless Layer2 and Layer3 protocols and operations are occurring at the highest performance and optimization possible with available network equipment, using industry best practices. This could include systems from Cisco, Meraki, Juniper, Arista and/or Mist.
- Present technology or design solutions to peers and cross-functional teams to amplify effectiveness in and across teams.
Who you are
- 5+ years’ experience of recent operational hands-on experience in highly scalable and available footprints across various network technologies.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, oral and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated and completes work on time, while looking for new opportunities.
- Ability to lead network design, implementation or expansion projects independently or with little direction. Must possess the ability to multi-task and react quickly and professionally in high-stress situations.
- Willingness to work flexible shifts and participate in on-call support rotation.
- Understanding of network design and operation:
- Layer 2 switching – spanning tree, ether-channel, ARP, ethernet, 802.11
- Layer 3 routing – OSPF, BGP
- HTTP/HTTPs, DNS, FTP/tFTP/sFTP, DHCP
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs