About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
The Monitoring Platform team is part of the Automation & Shared Services group at GapTech and serves engineering teams across all brands and markets. The Monitoring platform provides our customers with best-in-class solutions to detect, alert and respond to disruptions across datacenters and the cloud.
The Sr. Manager of Monitoring Platform is primarily responsible for leading a team of top-tier DevOps engineers who are focused on delivering creative solutions that optimizes our platform while shifting to a proactive Digital Operations model. The Sr. Manager acts as a representative of the Monitoring Platform team and will lead functional and technical discussions and engagements with stakeholders and leaders across the organization. A key aspect of this role is the development of strong partnerships with cross-functional teams while maintaining best in class customer experience. This person also plays a strategic role in defining and owning the technology roadmap for the Monitoring Platform and is a key influencer in driving change.
- Lead a team of top tier DevOps Engineers in delivering best in class Monitoring solutions
- Act as an SME/go-to person for areas of expertise across our modern and legacy platforms
- Drive continuous automation, optimization and modernization of Gap's Monitoring Platform
- Influence change across the organization toward modernization and adoption
- Support Gap Inc goals and milestones by partnering with architects, engineers, infosec and vendors to strategize, define and rollout solutions
- Support multiple, complex, long term projects simultaneously
Who you are
- BS in Computer Science or related Engineering Discipline
- Total professional experience of 8+ years and minimum relevant experience of 3+ years
- Holistic understanding of different monitoring capabilities such as infrastructure, application performance (APM) and user experience monitoring
- Experience with the monitoring & alerting tools: NewRelic, Azure Monitor, Nagios, Grafana, Graphite, PagerDuty
- Experience with leading and managing teams including setting goals, implementing effective engineering processes and ensuring ongoing alignment to the organization
- Experience working with multiple complex projects concurrently; familiarity with agile and scrum project management
- Excellent written and communication skills; passion for learning, collaborating with others and being an all-around customer advocate
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs