About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
The Data and Analytics organization at Gap Inc. is chartered with unlocking the power of data to drive decision making and customer obsession across Gap Inc’s family of dynamic brands. Reporting to the Director of Advanced Analytics within Data and Analytics, this role will be responsible for performing Analyses & developing Data Science products and solutions that primarily leverage Website Clickstream data, Event-level site and App behavioral data. This role will unify our understanding of customer journeys across our web/app properties and both online and retail stores.
What you'll do
- Leverage behavioral signals from Adobe Analytics event-level data to create analyses, audiences and data products for Insight Discovery, Personalization and Behavior-Triggered use cases
- Support stakeholders in translating business requirements into Analytic discovery
- Extend team understanding of Adobe Site and App behavioral event data
- Work with site/app business partners to leverage audiences and signals to support Personalization
- Partner with the engineering teams to enable scaled publishing of data products and digital audiences
- Collaborate with technical and Brand partners to drive integration and adoption of event-level knowledge
Who you are
- 2+ years of experience in a Customer Data Science/Analytics role
- Advanced proficiency using SQL, Python, PySpark.
- Solid understanding of web analytics data (Adobe Analytics (preferred), GA, IBM Coremetrics) and tag management services Tealium (preferred), Google Tag Manager, etc.)
- Experience leveraging event-level clickstream data for analysis and data products
- Competence on robust enterprise data analytics volumes
- Formal training in Information Technology, Statistics, data science, operations research or quantitative field is preferred.
- Experience with Site/App and Marketing personalization a big plus.
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs