About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
The candidate will participate in requirement gathering and technical design discussions, designing and implementing highly scalable and high-performing technology solutions related to Checkout Services for various consumers. They will participate in an Agile work environment to produce and deliver code and automated tests using Agile practices, working closely with other eCommerce product teams and assisting in resolving critical production issues.
- Responsible for creating secure microservices and event-driven data flows using Springboot, Apigee, Kafka, CosmosDB, Azure and other technologies
- Responsible for creating continuous integration pipelines using Gradle, GitHub, Jenkins, Artifactory, Sonar
- Responsible for creating monitoring dashboards and alerts using NewRelic, Splunk, Grafana
- Responsible for creating automated unit tests, contract tests, integration tests, load tests using Junit, rest-assured, Postman, JMeter
- Attend agile team meetings, provide work estimates, participate in code reviews, prepare demos, provide technical documentation, participate in on-call rotation to support incidents in production
Who you are
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in the Information Technology Industry
- Ability to think objectively, correlate and interpret meaningful themes from quantitative and qualitative data
- Robust understanding of Java and TDD, deep experience with distributed systems, microservices, REST APIs, API gateways
- Experience with technologies such as Spring Boot, NoSql DBs, containerization and cloud environments, CI/CD tools, performance engineering, messaging (Kafka)
- Should understand Agile methodology, DevOps mindset
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs