About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
At Gap Inc., we are passionate about creating and delivering quality software by utilizing Agile and DevOps best practices. We are creating Cloud-based solutions using Automation, Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration & Delivery, Pair Programming, and story-based iterative development. In this role, you will have key responsibilities for enhancing, scaling and optimizing the Price Optimization systems. We are looking for imaginative individuals experienced with cutting-edge server technologies, and state-of-the-art Engineering and DevOps practices powering inventory management systems at scale.
- Partner with Product Managers, Solution Architects and your Engineering peers to define, analyze, estimate levels of effort to deliver at-scale solutions to meet business requirements.
- Gain an extensive understanding of key dependencies with external and internal teams to collaborate on cross-functional initiatives.
- Design, develop and operationalize services to meet business / functional requirements.
- Embrace and implement best-in-class DevOps practices with end-to-end “design, build and run” responsibilities with the aim of operating a low-touch Production environment.
- Responsible for a small to medium-sized functional area, or a significant component of a functional area
- Develop high-quality code using standards-based solutions, drive adoption through guiding other engineers
- Maximize system uptime / availability and ensuring functional & performance SLAs are met and establish end-to-end monitoring and alerting for various systems.
Who you are
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent experience and 3+ years of software development experience
- Experience working wtih Azure Databricks, HDFS, Hive/HQL and big data integrations
- Proficient in development with Python, PySpark, Spark Sql
- Experience in working wth Messaging Framework, Kafka
- Working Knowledge on Azure or AWS Cloud Environment and CI/CD tools like Jenkins and Codefresh
- Hands-on experience in the DevOps model, production support and Agile methodologies as well as understanding the concepts Test-Driven Development and Business-Driven Development
- Possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills and proven ability to think objectively and interpret meaningful themes from quantitative and qualitative data
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs