About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path. From day one, we’ve been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we’re family.
About the role
The Digital Merchandiser is responsible for the execution of a comprehensive seasonal framework that aligns product strategies with financial goals, ensuring that end to end sales, gross margin, and inventory strategies hit divisional and ONOL plans. Responsible for creating a compelling seasonal framework by division that aligns product strategies with financial goals. Accountable for the divisional site merchandising strategies, ensuring alignment with the product, financial and marketing goals.
What you'll do
- Develop and communicate the management of inventory that supports the merchandising, marketing and financial objectives of a category within Old Navy Online
- Accountable for the development and communication of category product strategies that align with financial goals for the season.
- Meet category sales, GM, and inventory goals.
- Accountable for monthly OTB forecast for a category, and identify financial risk and solutions to hit sales and inventory plans.
- Develop category pricing recommendations and strategies that align with the financials plans
- Develop seasonal hindsight and the strategic opportunities used to inform pre-line.
- Collaborate and influence cross-functional business partners to achieve category goals
- Identify areas of opportunity to make meaningful investment shifts supported by marketing and site execution.
- Develop a strategic product vision that delivers against assortment.
- Create a compelling product experience on the site, to include inspirational merchandise presentation, simple and intuitive category navigation and clear and accurate product details.
- Deliver on best in class product assortment architecture within area of responsibility.
- Deliver on the site experience vision (interplay across the entire division of sorts experiences, linking strategies, and how they inter-relate to overall marketing experience.
- Drive best in class experiences across both mobile and desktop supported by a deep knowledge of technical features and functionality with an understanding how the site functions (limitations and opportunities)
- Collaborate with business partners to prevent re-work, redundancies, and inefficiency
- Foster open communication and a team environment with all business partners
- Accountable for work commitments and outcomes
Who you are
- BA or BS Preferred
- 2-4 years’ merchandising, retail buying, or equivalent experience
- Business Acumen/Drives Results; Displays curiosity and takes action to drive results, digging into the business to find opportunities for improvement. Ability to think objectively and interpret meaningful themes from quantitative and qualitative data.
- Customer Focus; Demonstrates knowledge of the target customer and of product trends
- Strategic Orientation; Understands immediate problems, analyzes data to draw impactful conclusions and actively supports strategies
- Learning Agility: Demonstrates growth mindset. Embraces opportunity to learn
- Talent Builder skills; owns self-development
- Collaboration and Communication; Strong verbal and written communication skills. Identify & proactively engage business partners when issues arise. Actively and positively participates in teams or collaborates for higher performance
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Old Navy
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs