About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
This role will be part of the Enterprise Digital Assets Management Platform team and be responsible for the design, development, testing and rollout of Gap’s Enterprise DAM platform capabilities leveraging Adobe Experience Management Platform, focusing specifically on AEM Assets. In this role you will collaborate cross-functionally with the Product Owners, Architects and Managers and provide technical leadership to a team of developers to support a variety of Experience Platform implementation initiatives across all Gap brands. The ideal candidate will have experience using established engineering and design principles that drive and maintain agility in the codebase and deliver sustainable solutions.
- Work collaboratively with the Product Owner and stakeholders to develop, implement and operationalize key business capabilities using the AEM platform and appropriate Web and Integration technologies
- Be a hands-on lead for a team of skilled engineers to deliver sustainable solutions with an eye to simplicity, reliability, manageability, extensibility, performance and reuse.
- Collaborate with the Product Owner in the process of user story creation, solutions, prioritization and backlog grooming.
- Collaborate on cross-functional initiatives as it relates to leveraging the Enterprise DAM and overall Martech ecosystem.
- Integrate content-driven applications on top of AEMs core platform. Integrate with e-commerce and other solutions to achieve strategic digital business objectives
- Communicate proactively with internal and external partners, present technical details and contribute to prioritization and trade-off discussions.
- Mentor and guide others who ae still developing their skills.
- Embrace and implement best-in-class DevOps practices with end-to-end “design, build and run” responsibilities with the aim of operating a low-touch production environment.
- Engage actively in continuously improving practices and methodology.
Who you are
- 3+ years experience working with an Enterprise DAM platform including design, development and deployment of custom code and integration in an Agile development environment. Adobe AEM Assets Cloud Services (6.4 or higher) or Sites preferred.
- Familiarity with Digital Assets ecosystem including web content management, content publishing and delivery processes
- Knowledge of the end-to-end content lifecycle of a digital asset (Creative Cloud to DAM).
- Deep understanding of and hands-on development experience with relevant "Java CMS" frameworks including OSGi/Apache Sling for content-centric application development
- Hands-on experience with AEM System Administration
- Experience on Continuous integration tools like Jenkins to automate the build and deploy process into different environments.
- Well-versed with system and technical design principles, performant coding practices ensuring security requirements are not compromised for functionality and/or performance.
- Experience with laying out a go-live plan at the conceptual stage, analyzing the pros and cons between multiple rollout options
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs