About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
This role will be part of a highly technical team responsible for delivering high-quality search products with integration with AI models for better search relevance. The engineer will contribute towards building a scalable, cloud-native, easily manageable software solution. This role, in collaboration with leads, is also responsible for setting the technical standards that the team follows.
- Works collaboratively with technical and business team members to design, develop and maintain Search solutions following Agile development principles and practices
- Contribute towards designing and developing applications with an eye towards simplicity, reliability, manageability, scalability, extensibility, performance and re-use. Provides technical expertise in the areas of architecture, design, implementation, and testing
- Sets and adheres to software coding and style guides to ensure consistency. Conducts code reviews and signs off stories
- Support and troubleshoot problems with existing applications in the production
- Does code reviews and contribute towards high-quality code
- With a DevOps mindset, improve the overall quality of the product leveraging clean code, test automation, CI/CD practices and smart monitoring.
Who you are
- Experience designing cloud-based, service-oriented architectures and distributed systems (Azure preferred)
- A minimum of 8 years’ software development experience, 5+ years of which are Java specific
- Candidates must have a robust understanding of Java 8 and an in-depth understanding of other Java technologies, including Servlets, JDBC, Spring / SpringBoot
- Experience with messaging (e.g. Kafka, JMS, etc.) and event-driven architecture.
- Experience with Web Services (REST)
- Experience with Elastic Serch, CosmoDB and Redis is a plus
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs