About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
At Gap Inc., our purpose is to be Inclusive, By Design. Our updated vision is to grow purpose-led, billion-dollar brands that shape peoples’ way of life. An important part of Gap Inc.’s Power Plan 2023 strategy and Next 50 plan is to transform how we operate in service to our customers. At the core of this plan is an accelerated digital transformation, to enhance growth, customer-centricity, speed, efficiency and resilience.
To that end, we have established a Digital Transformation Office (DTO) that will drive the design, implementation and achievement of large-scale strategic initiatives. These initiatives transformation the organization and its core capabilities to improve growth and profitability. The DTO provides rigor, structure, expertise and activation to design and deliver these initiatives individually and collectively. The DTO is responsible for partnering with leaders to drive the digital transformation strategy, performing transformation program management, change management and process engineering. The DTO partners with the Value Capture Office, a finance team responsible for ensuring delivery of financial value.
The Sr. Director of the Digital Transformation Office (DTO) leads the Digital Transformation Office operations. This role is an influential enterprise leadership role, which will both drive the vision, structure and governance of our digital transformation, and drive the enterprise program and change management rigor in and across each transformation pillar. The Sr. Director works directly with senior leadership across the company to design an effective governance model, track and surface program progress and risks, and present results and opportunities. This leader also works cross-functionally with technical, financial and with pillar transformational leadership and PMO teams to standardize and embed rigorous governance, program and change management. This role leads a team of program and change management professionals.
The successful leader of this role has a strong digital transformation delivery background. This leader is a strong change leader who is maniacally organized and can navigate a complex organization. This leader is adept at navigating tough discussions with leaders, managing through ambiguity, and holding stakeholders accountable.
What you'll do
- Lead a large-scale transformation PMO and change management effort, including internal direct team members. This effort includes ways of working, operating model (people, process, and tools), and productivity initiatives.
- Develop and continuously improve the transformation governance model, including forums, stakeholders, scope, cadence and RACI.
- Engage with brand and functional senior leaders as a strategic thought partner to develop and devise scope, structure and approach to delivering value with a new or existing initiative.
- Proactively foster brand and business partner relationships to collaborate or gain buy-in on analyses and process recommendations.
- Design and deliver best-in-class and simple program management approaches to help stakeholders manage program deliverables, interdependencies, risks and issues.
- Anticipate roadblocks and proactively address issues before they impact business results. Ensure relevant programs/projects are on track, including budget, timeline and scope. Navigate tough discussions with leaders, managing through ambiguity, and holding stakeholders accountable.
- Lead a team of strategic program managers and change agents that will assist in developing roadmaps; managing deliverables, interdependencies and risks across the various initiatives.
Who you are
- +10 years of professional experience; experience in strategy/management consulting, retail/consumer products or similar strategic role preferred.
- Experience with leading change: transformation and implementation work, including process re-engineering and change management.
- Strong critical thinking and business curiosity, including exceptional analytical and creative problem-solving skills, strong ability to work with complex and detailed data to drive insights and decisions.
- Strong relationship-building skills and experience working closely with senior executives and cross-functional partners to influence strategic agendas and operationalize key strategic initiatives.
- Aptitude and willingness to “get one’s hands dirty” and conduct financial and operational modeling, write executive presentations and manage projects directly.
- Comfort with ambiguity and a dynamic business landscape.
- Proven and motivational leader with excellent managerial skills and a keen interest in developing team members and experience managing third parties.
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.