About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
The Change Management Center of Excellence team is part of the Digital Transformation Office. The Digital Transformation Office leads business technologuy change for Gap Inc’s Digital modernization multi-year transformational journey.
The Director of DTO Change Management Center of Excellence will focus on building, leading and managing sustainable change for our digital transformation, including assessing and articulating the level of change needed to enable adoption and sustainability of organizational changes, with the goal of increasing profitability across Gap, Inc. They will partner with the DTO Program Management and Brand Business Transformation and Change Management teams to facilitate the people side of change across Gap, Inc’s Digital Transformation.
Their primary responsibility will be developing and leading teams to execute Prosci-based change management strategies, tools, processes and plans that equip our global teams with the awareness, desire, knowledge, ability, and reinforcement needed to maximize their adoption, minimize business disruption, and strengthen our institutional change acumen.
This role will build and oversee the Change Management Center of Excellence our Digital Transformation space. It will directly manage internal and external change and instructional design resources and will lead the change management strategy and implementation across multiple projects and geographies at a time. Key stakeholders include Product Management, Business Leaders across Production & Design, Creative & Marketing, Digital Operations & Production, central Digital teams, Data & Analytics, Learning & Development, and GapTech.
To be effective in this role, a candidate must possess organizational change management skills, have proven experience as a leader and strategic thinker, and exemplify effective communication and planning skills.
What you'll do
- Oversees, develops and executes comprehensive change management strategies for organizational transformation initiatives across our digital space. This includes deliverables such as: impact assessments, governance and sponsorship engagement strategies, sponsor roadmaps, and plans across communication, coaching, training, resistance management, sustainability, and measurement for adoption
- Manages a team of change managers and external contractors to deliver against priorities; ensure team has clear communication of project scope, timing, prioritization, resources needed, and progress on an ongoing basis
- Responsible for managing the business of change for their space; working with product management to understand project pipeline, maintaining critical relationships with stakeholders, working to secure needed resources, ensuring clear status and communication with program teams
- Partner with the Product Management Change Team and DTO Program Management to build a Change Center of Excellence for organization transformation and tool transitions
- Interfaces with all levels of management and leadership. Works as coach and internal change consultant to project sponsors, senior leadership and directors, and project teams. Inspires stakeholders to be change agents for the program and drives accountability
- Cultivates partnership, idea sharing, active listening and advocacy with peers (business leaders, product management, and stakeholders), facilitating new connections and relationship building
- Results oriented with a demonstrated sense of urgency and accountability to drive multiple projects to successful adoption; critical thinker who can anticipate roadblocks, develop mitigation strategies and proactively address
Who you are
- 10+ years work experience, minimum with 3-6 years in a leadership capacity managing direct reports
- Solid foundation understanding and experience with change management principles, methodologies and tools. Prosci certified a strong plus
- Ability to understand stakeholders/end users across multiple functions, geographic locations and countries
- Experience implementing change efforts across a portfolio of multiple high complexity projects with multiple organizations simultaneously
- Strong collaborator and communicator
- Ability to anticipate obstacles, offer solutions, identify resources, build relationships and influence others to move toward a common vision or goal
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.