For the past 22 years, we’ve committed ourselves and our brand to a single aim: to empower all women and girls. Inspiration. Collaboration. Connection. Inclusivity. It’s what we do best, and we’re on the hunt for people who share our passion for leading an active lifestyle, growing personally as well as professionally, and creating game-changing products and experiences.
We use business as a force for good by putting people and the planet right up there with profit, which is why Athleta is a certified B Corp. Ready to make a move? Join us. Because we know that alone we’re strong, but together we’re unstoppable.
About the role
At Athleta, we're inspired by those who continually push themselves to be their best. We're looking for people who find inspiration in the same things we do. Like community. Participation. Empowering others. Working as a team. Never forgetting that work isn't work without a little play - And, of course, being a part of something bigger.
- Contribute to the success of the Athleta assortment through developing and driving seasonal strategies for category/class that meet or exceed the Division and Business Unit's financial goals
- Provide analysis to support the development of Department seasonal strategies that meet financial targets
- Rank category styles based on historical and current product performance and identify redundancies in the product assortment
- Review monthly open-to-buy for category/class; provide accurate monthly/seasonal receipt flow information; execute to the sales margin and promotional markdown cadence
- Provide information to develop key concepts, key items, promotional strategies and assortments that are commercially viable and provide exciting store experiences
- Understand product trends, historical data and departmental input at category/class level in order to manage in-season opportunities or risks
- Understand competitive environment; proactively see market knowledge through exposure to competitive retail outlets
- Influence others to achieve results
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with members of cross-functional teams (Design, Production, Planning, and Distribution)
Who you are
- Bachelors Degree of equivalent
- 1-3 years of retail merchandising experience ideally in the women's active space
- Strong analytical skills
- Possess a working knowledge of financial measurements
- Demonstrate a point of view about product assortment and business opportunities
- Maintain a cooperative team environment that promotes high performance standards and attainment of goals
- Demonstrate strong listening, verbal, written and presentation skills
- Customer oriented
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Athleta
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs