About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path. From day one, we’ve been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we’re family.
About the role
This is a highly visible and critical role within the Site Merchandising organization. As the Site Merchandising Manager, Adult, you will be the primary contact with key business partners: Site Merchants, Digital Merchants, Photography, & Copy. In this role, you are responsible for creating a strategic 365 site experience for the Adult division, based on product initiatives.
In this role, you are the project leader to build & present strategic site Experience, including vision for key product categories. You’ll build a strategic comprehensive view including: Sales plan goals, Category sorts, Visual Merchandising Direction/Plan, Competitor analysis, Marketing Support, On Site Search plan, SEO keyword plan, Copy, Photography, Outfitting & Recommendation container guidance.
You will manage and develop direct reports, with a total team of nine associates.
What you'll do
- Own and manage weekly Site Tacticals process, reviewing all site assets in marketing, making linking comments and revised recommendations.
- Ensure new product pipeline flows on schedule, and own communication regarding photography, inventory, & copy timing. Oversee any copy or photography related activities that are managed through site merchants in order for product to go live to site, including quarterly photography deliverables.
- Execute and communicate additions and updates to overall site strategy at divisional level, including Navigational alignment analysis, recommending all categories, subcategories and facets needed to display on site.
- Attend and oversee weekly Site Reviews, directing merchandising of product strategies. Ensure team has appropriately QA’d marketing flags for each commercial plan block.
- Oversee all activities related to site merchandising tool execution from PIM, Adobe Analytics, Search, Outfitting, SEO, & Personalization.
Who you are
- Strong leadership skills.
- 10+ years’ experience in fashion retail and/or merchandising, ideally in a technical, e-commerce, site merchandising role, with direct reports.
- Understanding of Site Merchandising systems & platforms, as well as web analytics
- Proactive, strong communication to detail and accuracy, effective time management skills, strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Demonstrate strong teamwork skills.
- Ability to identify inefficiencies and quickly find resolution
- Strong computer skills, in depth knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word, Outlook helpful.
- Analytical skills, organizational ability to facilitate multi-tasking in a fact paced environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent.
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Old Navy
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs