About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
The Senior Analyst of GapTech (Technology) Finance is a great opportunity for a proactive individual looking for a transformational and engaging role supporting Gap Inc.’s technology function. This role supports the technology portfolio and provides unique visibility into the technology investments and encompasses responsibilities that include financial reporting, month end close processes, financial asset creation, analytics and solutions, provides a qualitative financial point of view on Portfolio projects and communicates key findings that will help support business decisions.
This role is optimal for a Senior Analyst that is highly analytical, detail-oriented, can pick up new concepts quickly, and works independently. The role requires someone who can handle large data sets in an effective manner, has excellent communication and interpersonal skills. The role will engage with business partners that have diverse backgrounds and varying degrees of financial expertise, and will also need to gather accurate information for monthly forecasting and close, as well as asset creation.
This position reports to the Director –GapTech Finance, Portfolio & Brand Management
What you'll do
- Responsible for the monthly financial forecast and close process for specified GapTech Project Portfolio P&L areas - deliver accurate financial results and ensure processes are in compliance with Gap Inc accounting policies and generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Collaborate with team on creating annual budgets that meet all Corporate requirements, are aligned with GapTech strategies, and incorporate recommendations from all key business partners
- Collaborate with project teams to identify and value technology assets by applying capitalization principles. Drive asset creation and financial project closure which includes close collaboration with the GapTech project teams
- Support GapTech Portfolio expense areas, responsible for identifying and communicating key issues, opportunities, resolution recomendations and time lines
- Develop value added cross functional partnerships to leverage knowledge and best practices while maintaining a global, independent perspective
- Evaluate current processes and tools for improvement recomendations resulting in increased efficiencies and control improvements
- Value add contribution on special projects to assist in driving for intended results
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with business partners at all levels of the organization
Who you are
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field
- 4 to 6 years of related business experience in Finance, Accounting or related field, demonstrating increasing levels of responsibility
- Able to build constructive and effective relationships with a broad and diverse group of business partners
- Self motivated and demonstrated ability to learn and adapt to changing business needs
- Public accounting experience and/or CPA a plus
- Strong technical aptitude, including ability and desire to learn company systems and tools
- Experience with Microsot Office, Hyperion Essbase/SmartView, and Oracle Financials/OBIEE a plus
- Able to use rigorous logic and methods to solve problems with effective solutions
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs