About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
GapTech, is looking for a Senior iOS Engineer with the cross channel mobile team, who will lead requirement gathering, technical discussions, conception, creation and delivery of quality software for iOS Mobile devices. This individual will work closely with tech lead, product managers and business support teams and develop high-end iOS applications and frameworks and assist with critical production issues.
As a part of our technology organization, you will have the opportunity to build next-generation solutions that will transform the way our customers interact with our family of iconic brands. Our team employs a DevOps model, allowing our product teams to have full ownership of design, build and operate with immense scale. This individual should proactively stay current on the latest in Apple technology and methodology. The key business partners that will work closely with this team member are the Product Architect, Technical Manager, Product Manager, Scrum Master and other Technical Leads in order to balance product architecture and to meet the delivery timeline. The successful candidate will be technical (hands-on) and capable of working as a senior contributor.
- Lead the engineering team in designing and developing mobile applications with an eye towards simplicity, reliability, manageability, extensibility, performance, and re-use. Provides technical expertise in the areas of architecture, UI design, implementation, and testing
- Works collaboratively with technical and business team members to design, develop and maintain the cross channel mobile applications and solution following Agile development principles and practices.
- Design and develop high-performing sustainable codebase; participate in code reviews and proof of concepts.
- Work with project teams, external providers, and support teams to assume timely resolution to production and project issues.
- With a DevOps mindset, improve the overall quality of the product leveraging clean code, test automation, CI/CD practices, and smart monitoring.
Who you are
- 8+ years of software development experience with 5+ years in native iOS Mobile development – Swift and Objective C.
- Skilled in architecting, designing, and developing highly scalable and available iOS applications.
- Experience developing frameworks using Apple APIs and distributing as Cocoa Pods or Swift Package Manager.
- Experience with REST service integration and familiarity with OO design patterns.
- Disciplined in DevOps practice including Agile development, test-driven development, CI/CD.
- Experienced with tools used for UI testing, automation, debugging, code analysis, and coverage.
- Strong focus on security; experienced in handling customer data, knowledge of PCI / PII etc.
- Able to showcase strong examples of high-volume mobile apps delivered to market.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs