About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
We are looking for imaginative individuals well versed in the customer experience, Buy-Cart Web experience specifically. We’re looking for an individual who has utilized cutting-edge, front-end technologies to lead and deliver complex and spectacular solutions on a large scale. Join us and flex your imagination with designing and developing industry-leading features that are reliable, scalable, and create a great customer experience!
- Take ownership, work collaboratively with technical and product/design team members to develop and maintain UX product features following Agile development principles.
- Create robust solutions and multi-task across initiatives while building out a dynamic and productive development, continuously improving practices and methodology
- Engage actively with team members to continually enhance engineering design, practices, and methodology.
- Generate strategic thinking and creating sustainable solutions that span across projects and domains while maintaining, simplicity, reliability, manageability, scalability, extensibility, performance, and re-use
- Install and reinforce best-in-class DevOps practices with end-to-end “design, build and run” responsibilities
- Guide and advocate with technical expertise in the areas of architecture, design, implementation, and testing
- Develop code using standards-based solutions, drive adoption via mentoring and guiding others
Who you are
- Experience with running workloads on Public Clouds such as AWS, Azure, or GCP, with experience with container-based technologies like Docker and Cloud Foundry a plus.
- In-depth knowledge and technical expertise with ReactJS, NodeJS, and NPM
- Extensive experience and proficiency with cross-browser, cross-platform development including Mobile Web
- Expertise in designing and delivering with performance, security, and accessibility in mind. Expertise in designing and integrating with service-based architectures.
- Experience with modern DevOps development tools including Git, Jenkins, JIRA, PagerDuty and logging/monitoring tools such as New Relic and Splunk
- Knowledge of i18N (internationalization) and A11y (accessibility) best practices a plus
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs