Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that’s run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand – our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We’ve built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what’s next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we’re headed, we’d love to have you join us.
About the role
The Senior Marketing Manager- Audience Experience is responsible for providing a best in class customer experience across email & site channels. This team is accountable for developing a compelling experience, measured by engagement/sales across these digital channels. The unique value this team brings is a deep understanding of personalization and segmentation strategy, a holistic view of market and customer experience, and analytical prowess to make messaging & creative recommendations, drive strategy, and highlight & collaborate on channel innovation needs.
This position will report to the Director of Audience Experience.
What you'll do
- Oversees holistic customer experience where content comes together in email & on site
- Accountable for optimizing engagement, sales and customer formation via marketing content strategies
- Develop a vision about what a strong customer experience looks like and fuel that vision through process, analytics, testing, innovation, and content to optimize our channel experiences
- Responsible for grooming a team of strong marketers to make data informed decisions
- Manage strategic projects that touch multiple teams & require stakeholder input
- Manage relationships & drive forward new strategies with 3rd party vendors
- Work closely with numerous cross-functional partners and key stakeholders to nimbly react to business needs
Who you are
- Self-starter, ability to define own plans within larger strategy of the business & autonomously execute.
- Analyzes & surfaces areas in need of innovation and links these ideas to immediate innovation in the present.
- Strong analytical skills, knowledge of excel are a must, Experience in Adobe Analytics a big plus.
- Positive attitude and ability to manage change, thrive in a fast-paced environment, deal with ambiguity, and prioritize multiple projects.
- Challenge the status quo and propose business & operational improvements.
- Tremendous organization, attention to detail, and process management.
- History of effective cross-functional partnerships and working through multiple levels of an organization.
- Experience as a manager of others
- Strong written and verbal communication skills especially the ability to glean insights and tell a story from the data.
- 6+ years of relevant marketing experience
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Gap
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs