About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
Responsiblefor protecting the assets of the company and ensuring a safe environment forour DC employees and visitors. The LPSpecialist has a thorough knowledge of Gap Inc. policy and procedures. The LP Specialist works closely with LP ShiftCoordinators and above to perform duties that directly support the core supplychain LP responsibilities of physical security, safety, inventory management,auditing, and investigations. The LPSpecialist demonstrates knowledge of DC Operations and develops relationshipsto increase LP awareness, maintain operational excellence and minimize shortagewithin their assigned area of responsibility. The LP Specialist also serves as a primary point of contact with thepublic (e.g. visitors, emergency services, law enforcement and other governmentofficials).
What you'll do
- Ensure asafe + crime-free environment for DC employees and visitors. Maintain &manage controls which include: Access Control Points, Physical Security / FireSafety / Equipment and all related Systems & Administration. Protection ofall company assets: People, Property & Product.
- Safety / Business Continuity Support – Assist with all Campus Emergencies. Including: Fire / Safety & Medical / Severe Weather-related events. Responsible for contacting emergency services and site coordination.
- Shortagereduction Programs: Performing InventoryAuditing & Systems related functions.
- Support LPInvestigations & Research provide accurate reporting & case management.Apply / use of all applicable investigative tools and ensure administrativecompliance. Maintain confidentiality in all related matters.
Who you are
- MinimumHigh School diploma / preferred college graduate with at least 2 years Security/ Loss Prevention experience.
- AppropriateTraining & Certifications: First Aid / CPR / Security or Investigative licenseif local area requires.
- Knowledgeof Security & Loss Prevention Procedures.
- StrongCustomer Service Skills, ability to maintain decorum & confidentiality.
- Strongverbal & written communication skills.
- Abilityto work in a fast-paced team environment while multi-tasking.
- Have intermediatecomputer skills (spreadsheets, databases, word processing)
- Strongability to problem solve and apply appropriate actions that may involveuncommon situations.
- Abilityto work a Flexible Schedule at times.
- PhysicalRequirements: Ability to stand or walk for significant periods of time. Abilityto lift 50lbs/23kg.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs