About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
Gap Inc.’s Store Strategy and Operations (SSO) team brings our brands’ missions and strategic initiatives to life in Gap Inc.’s more than 2,800 North American stores. Strategically, the SSO team drives innovation and enablement of our omni strategies and operating model changes in the field. Operationally, the SSO team integrates and operationalizes all planned commercial activities in the field.
We are looking for a Head of Store Strategy and Operations (SSO) to take on this influential enterprise leadership role and lead the SSO team. Gap Inc. is transforming multiple areas of our operating model as part of our Power Plan 2023. The position plays a critical leadership role driving our omni stores transformation with Field and cross-functional business partners. The role will develop the next phase of our transformational blueprints in conjunction with field leadership, and oversee teams who build, test and scale new capabilities and processes to deliver sustainable change in the field.
The SSO leader will also oversee the planning, enablement and execution of other strategic initiatives in the field to deliver on annual and long-term goals. This includes building integrated strategic roadmaps across transformational, strategic and commercial priorities; leading initiative prioritization with field counterparts; and overseeing capability building and enablement teams conducting process development, project management and change management. This leader will engage with a cross-functional team of Field, Omni and Inventory Management, Operations, Finance and Tech to align priorities, roadmaps, and address any roadblocks.
The SSO leader also leads platformed store operations teams that drive results in fast-paced, demand-driven omni ecosystem. The leader manages teams responsible for supporting customer experience, commercial plan execution and retail operations, labor and payroll allocation, real estate operations, field communications and development and maintenance of standard operating procedures. The SSO leader is responsible for applying best practices for store operations functions, and continuing to improve the enabling processes and tools in support of operational readiness and execution.
This leader is a strategic operator, with experience in developing and overseeing transformations as well as deep stores field or operations experience in an omnichannel retailer. The right leader is excited to learn details and ensure the operations can support our business strategies. This leader is a strong team and change leader who can navigate a complex organization and who can generate significant impact through strategic and tactical direction. Finally, this person in this role is adept at navigating tough discussions with leaders, managing through ambiguity, and holding stakeholders accountable.
What you'll do
- Provide strategic guidance to executive field leaders and other functional business partners in developing and driving key business priorities for the continued transformation of our 4 major brands: Athleta, Banana Republic, Gap, and Old Navy
- Lead the strategic planning and execution of field initiatives to enhance profitability, productivity and efficiency across our Gap Inc portfolio of stores
- Lead Store Operations teams to deliver key initiatives inclusive of roadmapping, program management and change management across relevant stakeholders and functions
- Establish and orchestrate governance activities to provide visibility and risk management
- Develop and retain a high performing team
Who you are
- 15+ years Store Leadership and/or Store Operations experience with a passion for developing team members and mentoring future leaders
- Experience leading large transformational program management efforts including establishing effective governance structures, cross functional coordination, and executive stakeholder management and reporting
- Comfort with ambiguity and a dynamic business landscape. Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and projects, to prioritize, and adapt to a changing environment
- Strong relationship-building skills and experience working closely with senior executives and cross-functional partners to influence strategic agendas and operationalize key strategic initiatives
- Strong critical thinking and business curiosity, including strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills, strong ability to work with complex data to drive insights and decisions
- Proven team builder who can attract, develop and retain top talent
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.