About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path. From day one, we’ve been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we’re family.
About the role
As an Old Navy Director of Graphics Design, you are the helm of the team, creatively directing and facilitating season-after-season of fun, optimistic and original art across the family. Innovative research, inspiring creative direction, holistic thinking, effective leadership, talent-building, time management, collaboration and agility are the FUNdamental pillars of this role.
What you'll do
- Lead the creation of world-class on-trend apparel graphics and branding that support Old Navy seasonal family messages and aligns with divisional design concepts through design process and design creation.
- Develop, inspire and manage the Female and Baby graphic design teams.
- Cultivate strong cross-functional partnerships and trust, to ensure acceptance and marketplace viability of graphic concepts and execution.
- Lead the identification of seasonal graphic trends through online and store research, as well as relevant inspiration outside of apparel that speaks to over arching aesthetic trends.
- Lead the Female and Baby teams in creative storytelling, building out Seasonal Graphic Direction and presenting to cross-functional Leaders and partners.
- Ensure artwork and presentation materials are created with high quality, originality and integrity.
- Drive and facilitate opportunities for newness and innovation.
- Strategize future facing process, calendar and talent building alongside Senior Director.
- Manage quarterly graphic legal review submissions.
- Lead design reviews with leadership partners that are timely, actionable and well documented.
- Drive best practices in production with respect to seasonal milestones and pipeline considerations.
- Present apparel graphic designs and execution to cross functional partners and to executive staff in formal presentations.
- Ensure brand handwriting, messaging and visual cohesion across the Family each season.
Who you are
- BA Graphic Design preferred, or equivalent experience
- 8+ years senior level as an art director or equivalent Leader in an apparel graphics environment, with the proven ability to effectively lead & inspire teams and develop talent.
- 12+ years professional design experience.
- Thorough knowledge of graphics production (e.g., printing methods, apparel graphic techniques, etc.).
- Expert technical skills (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, etc.).
- Expert hand skills and eye (Illustration, painting, drawing).
- Expert time management, interpersonal communication and organizational skills.
- Expert sense of image and type.
- Expert in trend analysis and creative storytelling.
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Old Navy
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs