About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
The Data and Analytics organization consists of Data Scientists, Researchers and Analysts across Gap Inc chartered with unlocking the power of data to drive decisions across the value chain of our business. Additionally, this organization is responsible for building the Data and Analytics Platform on behalf of the entire organization in partnership with GapTech.
The Operations Analytics team is focused on supporting a best-in-class Global Supply Chain. We analyze internal and external data, trends, and indicators to ensure that Gap Inc’s scale and scope is fully leveraged to drive efficiencies in the product creation process that ultimately impact Gap Inc.’s bottom line. As analytics experts, we also leverage our knowledge of the Supply Chain and Gap Inc data systems to create visibility and help Sr. Leadership identify and rectify Supply Chain issues before they impact our customers.
What you'll do
- Lead a small team of analysts. Guide and support their careers as well as lead their day-to-day efforts to report and analyze business results through established KPIs on a daily/monthly/quarterly and ad-hoc basis
- Identify/synthesize key trends that have the potential to impact the organization.
- Build & continuously improve our approach to leveraging global market data by troubleshooting issues in backend data with IT and managing expectations with business partners.
- Proactively foster strong brand and business partner relationships to help inform analytical results with correct business context.
- Support strategic initiatives and cross-functional stakeholders by implementing best-in-class quantitative and qualitative analysis and business intelligence tools.
- Leverage knowledge of tools and systems that impact Gap Inc. supply chain to manage KPIs lifecycle and communicate changes to cross functional stakeholders.
- Visualize global market trends across brands/markets/channels/categories for Gap Inc. and assist in presenting findings to all levels of management.
Who you are
- Strong problem-solving skills, critical thinking and curiosity.
- Comfort with data analysis & management, and associated tools.
- Deep experience with process mapping and or data visualization tools.
- Ability to communicate effectively with cross-functional leaders and other business partners
- Strong desire to learn and experiment with new data visualization/analytics/programming tools.
- Experience with retail/consumer goods supply chains.
- Proficient in Excel, Access, SQL and PowerPoint, and one or more data visualization tools (Tableau, Power BI, etc)
- 5+ years of experience in finance, operations, retail/consumer products or similar analytical role.
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Supply Chain Management, Engineering, Finance, Operations or related Analytics field.
- BA/BS required, MBA/MS preferred
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs