Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that’s run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand – our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We’ve built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what’s next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we’re headed, we’d love to have you join us.
About the role
This position will support Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) activities for Gap North America Finance, including the annual operating budget, monthly forecast/close, and P&L reporting. The FP&A function is part of the Finance team, with primary business partners being the Gap Global Leadership Team, Gap Global Finance, Corporate Finance teams, and Finance leadership.
What you'll do
- Support the monthly financial forecast for Gap North America, accurately incorporating all available information and highlighting key issues for management. Explain variances to prior forecast, budget and prior year.
- Support the execution of the monthly close, ensuring proper accounting for the line items owned, in accordance with Gap Inc. policies, producing timely and high quality deliverables as required.
- Prepare consolidated monthly Global and Corporate level reporting
- Proactively explore and implement ways to improve the accuracy and efficiency of existing processes.
- Perform ad hoc analyses and provide decision support as requested.
Who you are
- Bachelor's degree required; MBA a plus
- 3-5 years of financial or business analysis; experience in FP&A with a retail or consumer product focus strongly preferred
- Solid grasp of finance and accounting concepts. Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong sense of accountability and ownership, passion for excellent customer service. Ability to build strong working relationships and influence partners across organizations
- Excellent organization skills.
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to work independently. Team player with a positive attitude.
- Advanced competency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint; Experience with Oracle Financial System and Essbase a plus
Benefits at Gap
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs