About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path. From day one, we’ve been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we’re family.
About the role
As the Senior Fashion Director, you will be responsible for driving, conceptualizing and delivering an omnichannel product storytelling and styling vision for Old Navy. You will partner with creative marketing leaders and product design to drive and thread key product strategies from the start into creative concepts for all marketing touchpoints. You will bring brand campaigns, product stories and seasonal trends to life in a clear and compelling way. You will have a deep love of fashion, wide-ranging knowledge of the market, a keen eye for trends, and an endless stream of ideas. You are an expert in styling techniques, fabrics and handling and understand how to make fashion and trend stories commercial, compelling and accessible as well as have on set styling experience and a love for the creative process. In this role, you will lead, inspire and grow a team of marketing and ecommerce stylists of all levels, as well as work with, lead and brief freelance editorial stylists; all the while, creating an environment that drives high performance, creative excellence, and innovation.
What you'll do
- Attend key Design team meetings at the start of the product lifecycle, to learn and influence product design vision of big ideas/key product stories in order to carry through to marketing
- Responsible for leading the concept, creation and development of styling and processes across all marketing touchpoints including ecommerce
- Partner with Marketing Product Director to influence product storytelling strategies and campaigns.
- Ideate and conceptualize seasonal styling direction and present a visual point of view through inspiration & mood boards
- Continue to work with design and merchandising team to bring the big ideas through product lifecycle
- Connect with Visual Merchandising team to ensure the product stories are carried from store environment to omni marketing and ecommerce channels
- Attend key photo shoots as a product and style expert, style on set as needed
- Actively pursue details about the marketplace, current fashion & retail trends within our competitive landscape and the broader fashion landscape, acting on this information to drive styling excellence
- Maintain and develop clear understanding of brand’s aesthetic, seasonal product priorities, and current state of business in order to shift quickly and tailor work to drive business
- Establish high levels of communication and collaboration across multiple cross-functional teams to ensure seasonal styling strategy supports key brand strategies
- Consistently drive the strategy behind multiple projects and timelines concurrently throughout each season
- Lead and inspire styling teams of various levels, including Sr Manager, Sr Stylist, Stylists, etc. to innovate, grow capabilities and push the brand forward
- Responsible for the marketing and ecommerce photo studio styling teams and maintaining the same level of quality and brand standards across all channels
Who you are
- BA or BS preferred
- Minimum 10-15 years of experience in professional styling
- 7+ years of managing a team of stylists of various levels
- Retail or Brand Styling experience strongly preferred
- Fashion Editorial experience a plus
- Strong fashion and styling sense with the ability to incorporate new fashion trends into strategy
- Strong background, point of view and aesthetic across the family
- Highly creative and conceptual
- Deep understanding of market trends, visual composition & storytelling
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to form effective partnerships across cross-functional teams – Marketing, Creative, Merchandising, Design, & Visual
- Highly skilled in motivating, leading, and influencing others
- Demonstrated ability to continually embrace challenges, take risks, learn fast and welcome change
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Old Navy
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs