INTERMIX is known for curating the most exciting mix of product from luxury and emerging designers. We’re all about delighting our customers by helping them to discover trends, designers and notably special pieces.
Our unique culture blends an obsession with fashion with a powerful entrepreneurial energy. Online and in our stores — where merchandise is hand-selected — we’re devoted to one-on-one service and styling, driven by data and on-the-ground insights that – at the end of the day, help us make our customers feel effortlessly chic. If you’re bold, curious, and want to be part of an innovative approach to fashion, join us.
About the role
The Sr. Director of Human Resources provides strategic HR business partnership that results in a high-performing, engaged team. This role must have a deep understanding of business priorities and proactively collaborates with business leaders to identify, develop, and implement talent strategies that meet the changing needs of the business. To be successful, this role must develop and sustain strategic and day-to-day relationships with business leaders and their respective teams and act as a trusted coach, advisor and confidant on business and talent related issues and opportunities. The Sr. Director has experience in policy development, HR systems and operations, talent acquisition, compensation, employee relations and learning & development. The Sr. Director is accountable for attracting, hiring, developing and inspiring, a team of highly effective HR professionals in support of the Intermix business and customer.
What you'll do
- Actively participates with the Intermix Leadership Team(s) and HR Leadership Team, advises on people and organization impact of business plans and decisions.
- Provides candid leadership coaching and feedback to the CEO and Leadership Team
- Intermix cultural champion- lead and coach through our culture/values.
- Uses insights (qualitative & quantitative) to influence business leader actions and strategies that drive engagement, commitment and performance.
- Champions and personally demonstrates Intermix cultural values and supports diversity through all areas of the employee experience
- Organizational Effectiveness
- Collaborates with business partners to develop and execute talent strategies that support annual and long-range plans for both HQ and Stores.
- Provides strategic thought leadership and planning on talent and organizational impacts of business plans and decisions.
- Works with leadership to identify the right organization structures, competencies, and processes to run a nimble, efficient, and constantly evolving business.
- Talent Practices
- Drives talent management and succession planning practices to ensure a ready talent pipeline by pro-actively partnering with the business and Talent partners (Talent Management & Talent Acquisition).
- Is a trusted resource on all aspects of organizational effectiveness including Onboarding, Performance Management, Change Management, Talent Assessment, Rewards & Recognition, and Employee Relations.
- Partners with CEO to develop and implement policies, systems and processes that help establish an efficient and enjoyable employee experience with the appropriate level of governance
Who you are
- Must possess a love for fashion, retail, product and demonstrate deep curiosity for the business
- Ability to influence across multiple functions/area
- Professional skills and abilities as hands-on practitioner as well as strategic thinker
- Retail stores, digital or brand experience preferred
- Demonstrated results orientation
- High level of personal and professional integrity
- Proven ability to lead change initiatives - strong OD/OE skillset with project management ability
- Proven ability to assess talent (internal and external)
- Highly skilled problem solver and negotiator with excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Proven strategic mindset balanced with strong operational and implementation expertise
- Strong business orientation; drive for results and desire to win
- Maintains a global perspective and is culturally sensitive and aware
- Comfortable driving change and embracing innovation in face of ambiguity and complexity
- Experienced in HRIS implementation, development of benefit plans and company policies and procedures
- Education: College degree
- Experience: 7-10 years HR Experience required
Benefits at Intermix
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs