For the past 22 years, we’ve committed ourselves and our brand to a single aim: to empower all women and girls. Inspiration. Collaboration. Connection. Inclusivity. It’s what we do best, and we’re on the hunt for people who share our passion for leading an active lifestyle, growing personally as well as professionally, and creating game-changing products and experiences.
We use business as a force for good by putting people and the planet right up there with profit, which is why Athleta is a certified B Corp. Ready to make a move? Join us. Because we know that alone we’re strong, but together we’re unstoppable.
About the role
We’re looking for an Administrative Assistant to successfully support VP level leader(s) and their full teams, focusing on supporting leaders to enable them to be focused and prepared for their meetings and objectives. Collaboration with cross-functional partners and teams is a critical part of the role. This role is critical to the success of the department with the ideal candidate being very organized, forward thinking and a problem solver.
What you'll do
- Strategic calendar management in a rapidly changing environment by anticipating the needs of the executive and responding quickly to request with the ability to adjust and prioritize. Managing daily workflow of the executive, including scheduling appointments, maintaining calendar, telephone, department and group meetings, expense reports, files, travel plans, etc.
- Serves as a thought partner, maintaining confidentiality and professionalism while handling critical and highly sensitive situations. Act as liaison to executive’s direct reports, staff and peers. Partnering and collaborating to manage cross-functional initiatives from conception to completion.
- Arrange onsite and off-site meeting and events as necessary: coordinate scheduling and logistics as outlined in Travel & Expense policy and defined by the business leader (coordinate conference rooms, equipment and catering as needed) creating agendas; meeting minutes; providing documents and other meeting materials as necessary.
- Manage new hire/contractor set-up including on-boarding and off-boarding, completing necessary forms for software, token id, badges and ordering equipment and phone and ensuring workspace is ready.
- General office duties such as ordering office supplies, assist with office equipment as needed, processing mail for leader. Manage purchase orders for the entire department and act as a liaison with account payables, vendors and business partners to ensure timely payment. Oversee and coordinate all space planning needs of department and partner with Corporate Facilities.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal stakeholders and external contacts.
- Other responsibilities including special projects as required to increase the professional effectiveness and efficiency of the leaders and overall team to be decked against business strategies.
Who you are
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal. Exceptional time management skills. Ability to excel in fast paced environment and prioritize multiple responsibilities.
- Proven ability to run projects, work under pressure, problem solve and consistently make deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal/people skills; ability to establish and build partnerships with all levels of management and business partners. Strong teamwork skills and an ability to offer suggestions and improvements to process and work effectively.
- Strong computer skills, with proficiency in Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- College degree or equivalent experience.
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Athleta
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs