About Banana Republic
Banana Republic was founded with an explorer’s spirit and a desire to venture to new places, beyond the boundaries of the everyday. Our clothing is designed for a life with no boundaries.
We travel near and far in search of the finest materials and fabric innovations to infuse style with substance, because we believe that what you wear should open a world of possibilities. And the people that make up Banana Republic share the same qualities as our brand: curious, connected, undaunted by boundaries. Sound like you? Join us for the adventure of what’s next.
About the role
The Associate Creative Director is responsible for supporting VP of Creative in creative development, planning and execution of visual and marketing creative ideas and materials for Banana Republic Factory. Reporting to the VP of Creative, this role is cross-functional and requires strong strategic and conceptual skills, knowledge of new consumer technologies and understanding of retail. The Associate Creative Director is responsible for developing and transforming brand ideas into creative solutions, managing creative teams, and ensuring that business and brand objectives are achieved.
What you'll do
- Implement and adapt Banana Republic brand aesthetics, tone of voice and brand creative territory across all Factory consumer touchpoints (digital and physical – from print to social media to visual merchandising and store windows)
- Develop culturally relevant creative executions that meet our business and brand objectives and elicit emotional reaction from our customers
- Works closely with design, visual merchandising, brand strategy and cultural influence teams
- Liaise with account, production, marketing, and PR teams to facilitate to keep them fully abreast of campaign developments during planning, execution and review.
- Quickly create comps, layouts, mockups and prototypes in order to illustrate their ideas to other team members and BR leadership
- Oversee multiple creative projects at the same time. Manage daily workload and individual development. Set clear roles, responsibilities and expectations of all projects to ensure that the design output is brand appropriate, designed to perform and is completed on time with the highest standard of quality for both internal and external reviews
- Stay abreast of the latest cultural, competitive, technology and consumer trends
Who you are
- Strong visual design skills. Able to translate brand concepts in a simple, understandable, and cohesive way that is relevant to the industry, brand, customer, and business strategy.
- Ability to think outside the box to conceptualize, develop and execute innovative/first-to-market ideas and experiences. Obsessive about innovation and disruptive thinking while able to execute against a larger strategy or brief.
- Up-to-date knowledge of creative best practices for relevant digital formats.
- A deep knowledge of retail and understanding of mass consumer behavior
- Strong leadership skills with an emphasis on managing through influence, cross-functional collaboration and team facilitation skills.
- Strong organizational skills. Able to manage multiple projects and timelines simultaneously and drive to completion on-time.
- Ability to work within the established budget and time constraints.
- 6+ years of art direction / design / creative experience
- 3+ years of management experience
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Banana Republic
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs