About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
We are looking for someone to join Gap Inc. as the “experience curator” for our Creative Academy as part of the Company initiative “Create with Audacity.” In this role, you are all about cultivating creativity across the organization through designing experiences, resources and tools that inspire, educate and entice collaboration across the company Creative functions – specifically focused on Design, Marketing, Merchandising to start. You will need to be customer curious and understand what employees need to unlock creativity & innovation to create transformative products and processes. As this a revolutionary path forward, it will be all about bringing others along to try fast, learn fast, think big.
What you'll do
- Curation: Design and implement the overall experiential strategy & curriculum for the ‘educate’ pillar of Create with Audacity with external and internal thinkers. Manage the creation of business requirements, project plans/specifications, research and business case development.
- Strategize: Though working across multiple teams internal and external teams develop approach for
- Partnership: Build strategic partnerships with business leaders and connect the dots with key HR partners involved to development and execute the strategy.
- Collaborator: Collaborate and influence through cultivating strong stakeholder relationships.
- Marketer: Inspire interest and engagement through developing a sticky & compelling marketing strategy for the curriculum experiences, tools and resources that draws the community in.
- Content Developer: Design, develop and facilitate multi-platform content across multiple campuses to support targeted learning and behavioral change using best practices in learning theory, learning technology, change management and communication (e.g. micro-learning, peer learning, action learning, blended solutions, learning portal management, toolkits, and marketing campaigns
- Facilitator: Deliver quality training programs and development experiences through various platforms and methodologies.
- Program Manager: Own and execute the day to day management of the curriculum path, managing internal resources and external vendors to ensure a seamless experience, including measuring engagement and pivoting approach as needed.
- Coach: Advise, consult and coach leaders to build creative capabilities that inspire teams and achieve specific business outcomes.
Who you are
- You are a continuous learner and possess an organizational savviness to build relationships.
- You have a creative edge that you seek to unleash.
- You have creating learning curriculum for creatives in a highly distributed environment, retail experience is desirable.
- You can create with audacity, using your technical experience in leadership development, adult learning theory and instructional design.
- You have top notch facilitation skills and coaching acumen, with strong diagnostic skills in listening, probing and analyzing to translate the business demands into development solutions and experiences.
- You can interact comfortably with multiple functions with the ability to tailor training and learning experiences as needed.
- You have a solid facilitation and coaching acumen, with strong diagnostic skills in listening, probing and analyzing to translate business demands into development solutions.
- You bring instructional design expertise with a focus on being customer curious in developing learning solutions to meet the need.
- You are experienced in current learning technologies and hunt for new thinking and approaches.
- You have proven ability at influencing at all levels & making decisions.
- You are comfortable and confident in dealing with ambiguity & change.
- You possess strong written, verbal communication skills and can articulate your point of view.
- Experience with Design Thinking & other similar methodologies, certifications in DiSC, EQ, SLII, and other learning, change management, and coaching approaches are a plus.
- You have had experience with diversity and inclusion training design and delivery.
- You can easily navigate MS360, Google docs, Zoom, and other tech & collaboration platforms.
- You have a creative edge that you seek to unleash.
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs