About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
We are looking for an Operations Strategy teammate who can define strategic priorities and deliver high-priority projects across Gap Inc.’s operations organization. Our team works under Gap Inc.’s COO across our portfolio of brands to deliver our products to customers, in partnership with functions including Logistics, Sourcing, Store Operations, and Real Estate. In this role, you will be building the future of retail, by identifying key retail and operations industry trends and innovations, assessing opportunities to improve our end-to-end capabilities, and managing innovative projects to help us bring the right product to our customers in a more efficient way. You will help our brands and channels grow in smart and scalable ways via new markets, channels, or operating models. You will collaborate, influence, and strategize with cross-functional partners to understand business priorities, design business solutions, and lead implementation across our portfolio of brands. You will be responsible for detailed analyses, executive level presentations, and stakeholder management. We are looking for problem solvers, change drivers, and innovation leaders.
What you'll do
- Work closely with Operations and other cross-functional partners, providing thought partnership on our key business priorities to achieve Gap Inc. goals.
- Manage small strategic projects (or a workstream of a large program) from strategy to pilot, leading cross-functional teams, evaluating hypotheses, defining project scope, and leading operational execution.
- Develop and refine project scope, structure, and approach. Provide structure to complex problems using frameworks, quantitative and qualitative analyses, and capability roadmaps.
- Identify key issues, guide and execute analysis, develop conclusions, and present findings to cross-functional partners. Anticipate roadblocks and proactively address issues before they impact business results.
Who you are
- MBA or equivalent + 2 years of experience in strategy / management consulting, retail / consumer products, or similar strategic role.
- Some experience in operations, logistics / supply chain, store operations, ecommerce, and/or product to market processes. Experience working in apparel retail a plus.
- Fluency in PPT and Excel; adept at analyzing data and supporting development of executive-facing presentations. Aptitude and willingness to “get one’s hands dirty” and deep dive into details.
- Comfort with ambiguity and a dynamic business landscape. Demonstrated ability to own and manage multiple tasks and projects.
- Strong critical thinking and business curiosity; ability to drive insights and decisions utilizing multiple inputs and data sources.
- Strong relationship-building skills. Experience working closely with multiple business functions to influence strategic agendas and operationalize initiatives.
- Demonstrated project management skills. Ability to own small projects from strategy through pilot with minimal supervision. Experience leading small cross-functional teams.
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs