About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
The Technical Program Manager, Information Security, is a critical role accountable for the planning, execution and delivery of Enterprise Identity, Infrastructure Security, Product Security, and Defense Engineering initiatives. This role is accountable for real-time relevant program communications and engagement with key stakeholders in Information Security, TechOps, and DevOps and collaborates with both internal and external partners to ensure delivery of key initiatives within scope, schedule and budget. The Technical Program Manager will be responsible for leading the execution of portfolio and operating initiatives supporting the modernization and expansion of critical Information Security infrastructure and capabilities, across on-premises and Cloud-based environments. This position is responsible for managing the portfolio lifecycle and ensuring portfolio delivery success in a modern DevOps/Agile operating model. This includes accountability for the program's health and financial visibility to the leadership team. The leader will partner with Product Teams to ensure compliance with Information Security policies, standards and best practices are followed and embedded into product delivery. This position may also be responsible for managing Strategic Partners such as Microsoft for program delivery. Excellent communication, collaboration and influencing skills are key to the success of this role.
What you'll do
- Responsible for medium complexity program efforts or portion of large programs in the $1M-$2M dollar range, where they may receive direction from manager, Director, or Senior Director levels to guide program efforts.
- Manages and drives all aspects of the program lifecycle including solution definition, budget creation and alternative analysis (with Architecture, Infosec, DevOps, TechOps), project/program planning, financial planning and execution across functional teams, inter/intra team communications, status reporting and risk and issue management.
- Drive/track product scrum team milestones against evolving business goals and shift in priorities (leveraging scrum team milestone metrics and Vendor KPIs).
- May need to coordinate internal team dependencies (architecture, DevOps, TechOps, Infosec) to prevent bottlenecks and drive quick issue resolution.
- Monitors and reports to GapTech leadership on the status of program efforts (including weekly time reporting, weekly status reporting, monthly budget tracking and forecasting, reconciliation and risk, action, issue, decision management and tracking.
- Ensure adherence to Technical Program Management, Architectural Standards, Information Security Policies and Change Management procedures for project delivery.
- Follows the architectural, information security, finance and resource review processes necessary to obtain funding.
- Recognizes and escalates resource performance issues.
Who you are
- 6+ years of progressively responsible, “hands-on” experience in IT; 4+ years of Project/Program Management experience; a Bachelors Degree required in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field
- Experience managing medium-sized programs or a portfolio of projects as part of a global product and Information Security team ($1-2+ Million annually).
- A creative and flexible mindset to planning and problem-solving, ability to lean into the details while maintaining the “big picture”
- Strength in building partnerships; working collaboratively in a matrixed environment, proven influencing skills over cross-functional teams and with cloud computing engineers, CI/CD engineers, architects, DevOps teams
- A high degree of financial acumen – proven track record of planning and executing on the financial aspect of deliverables.
- Strong communication and collaborative skills and able to assess risks and interface with mid and senior executives and business leaders on technology-related issues
- Exposure or managed Information Security migration or modernization programs (Identity Management, Network Security, Cloud Security, Single sign-on, Multi factor authentication etc.) and have worked in a DevOps environment and experienced with Agile/Kanban/Lean methodologies.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs