About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
Gap Inc is going through a multi-year transformation to modernize the full technology stack and operating model to transform how customers experience our family of iconic brands and how we operate as a platform-based business. As a part of our Strategy & Operations organization in Technolgy, you will have the opportunity to lead key initiatives and strategies for the technology transformation towards cloud-native, API/plug and play re-platforming, data as an asset, and DevOps ways of working maturity.
The scope of this role is vast and we are looking for self-starters that thrive on bringing strategy and execution together. You will have the opportunity to take your breadth and depth of experience in Strategy and Technology that allows you to make an impact across the global organization all while learning new technical and leadership skills. We are inspired by new challenges and push ourselves to create what’s next in this dynamic industry. Come join this diverse team and grow with us.
The Sr Manager is a critical role accountable for defining and delivering GapTech’s strategic initiatives and acting as a force multiplier for the organization. This position will be responsible for defining and coordinating the execution of GapTech technology strategy to deliver the expected business benefits. The position requires organization, communication and influence to deliver the required business outcomes. Communication will be external to our largest vendors, and internal to the CIO and the senior leadership team.
What you'll do
- Leads the validation, alignment and planning-to-execution of Gaptech’s strategic roadmap programs
- Interfaces with senior management in driving strategic planning and execution of business capabilities and ensures strategies and recommendations for addressing each are provided and result in aligned decisions
- Facilitate cross-functional creation, prioritization, planning and execution of business capability and technology roadmaps with Product Management, Engineering, Architecture and Program Management
- Participate in continuous delivery improvement efforts by providing input into an enterprise framework for program management aligned with modern agile, lean and design thinking practices
- Lead and manage the portfolio lifecycle, facilitating application strategy and planning processes, ensuring portfolio delivery success in a modern DevOps/Agile operating model and leading business engagement and communications; Maintains overall financial and milestone status of business capability across product teams and provide visibility across investment portfolio ensuring planned scope, priority, risk, milestone and financial changes are surfaced in a timely manner
- Maintain overall financial and milestone status of initiatives and provide visibility across your portfolio ensuring planned scope, priority, risk, milestone and financial changes are surfaced in a timely manner
- Communicate business-critical status and lead site and engagement team including regular communications to business leaders across all brands.
Who you are
- 7+ years of engineering, technology, consulting or program management experience
- Experience and understanding of enterprise technologies, solutions, and financials and managing large programs or a portfolio of projects ($5+ Million annually)
- Strong management presence and experience advising and interfacing with senior executives and business leadership on technology related issues; excellent executive-level verbal and written communication; strength in building trusted partnerships
- Experience working with product management, engineering development and ops teams in a DevOps model
- Demonstrated understanding of modern software development and infrastructure tools, processes and practices, including Agile Development, Cloud, and DevOps
- Creative and flexible mindset to planning and problem-solving, ability to lean into the details while maintaining the “big picture”
- Proven experience working collaboratively in a matrixed environment as a self-starter individual contributor while simultaneously working as part of a team across concurrent strategic initiatives
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs