About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
The Licensing Merchandiser will be responsible for supporting the oversight of the product development processes for the Gap Inc Licensing business, driving seasonal product development throughout the product lifecycle to meet Licensee and Gap Inc specific needs. This role will be accountable for delivering annual licensing goals, ensuring Gap Inc brand guardrails are adhered to in the PD cycle, driving the execution of product development for multiple categories and licenesees, and supporting the development of annual and long range strategic plans. Initiatives they will manage include seasonal product development, seasonal calendar planning, communication with and to different levels of the organization, managing and driving the PD and product packaging creation process across all touchpoints, partnering with various functions of Gap Inc for execution, and seasonal hindsights and strategy setting.
Job Scope: Home Goods and Kid’s/Baby Gear
Position will be based in NY HQ and will be part of the Gap Inc Licensing team, partnering with Franchise Product, Global Product Teams, and Licensing Operations and Marketing Teams.
What you'll do
- Drive the PD process seasonally inclusive of the key touchpoints that include but limited to kickoff, development, guardrails, feedback, approvals and data entry.
- Understand and share product trends, market data and product opportunities to effectively drive strategic opportunities in building the Licensing business
- Maintain all relevant product tools at the category and product lvel needed to track the seasonal PD for each Licensee including updates/tracking, approvals, recaps, and share outs.
- Share monthly and seasonal updates to management teams inclusive of key merchandising KPIs including SKU counts, retails, category market share, relevant buys and overall visual line sheet of landed product.
- Effectively liaise with Gap Inc Product Teams seasonally to gain access to product assets in developing product for Licensees while remaining aligned with brand direction and assortment guardrails
- Partner with internal and external cross functional teams (Operations, Marketing, Licensing Agency and Licensees ) to develop and execute aspects of the PD cycle.
Who you are
- Extensive experience of merchandising or relevant product development experience
- Possess a clear understanding of product pipeline process (design, merchandising and production)
- Strong product understanding including trend, innovation and product lifecycle development
- Advanced computer skills in Excel and Powerpoint with an aptitude for learning new programs
- Demonstrate excellent organizational, listening, verbal, written, presentation and analytical skills
- Ability to multi task and manage multiple complex projects and lauches concurrently.
- Ability to problem solve and through strong partnerships with business partners across the globe; thrives in a dynamic environment with a high degree of ambiguity
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs