Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that’s run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand – our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We’ve built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what’s next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we’re headed, we’d love to have you join us.
About the role
The Franchise Merchandiser will own and oversee the merchandise strategies for the Gap Franchise womens business, driving seasonal product strategies to meet market specific needs. This role will be accountable for delivering annual financial goals, driving the execution of Franchise Market, and owning Franchise needs in brand milestone meetings. Initiatives include managing the development of franchise exclusives, regional assortment strategies, developing lineplans, and analyzing the business for product recaps, seasonal midsights, and seasonal hindsights.
Position will be based in NY HQ and will be part of the Gap Inc Franchise Product team, partnering with Gap Global Merchandising, Franchise Planning, Account Management, Product Operations, Store Experience and Marketing.
What you'll do
- Effectively liaise with Global Gap Merchandising to influence and protect franchise specific needs while remaining aligned with brand direction and keeping assortment focused
- Understand product trends, historical data and departmental input at category/class level in order to manage in-season opportunities or risks
- Effectively hindsight product-selling to make informed product recommendations using reports to influence internal and external teams
- Identify individual market needs, opportunities and challenges to address future and/or in-season management needs
- Partner with cross functional teams (Planning, Marketing, Visual, Account Management) to develop and execute all necessary tools for Market Week
- Present and sell assortments to Franchise partners while influencing franchisees to buy most appropriate seasonal assortment in order to achieve targeted financial goals
Who you are
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Demonstrate a strong point of view about product assortment and business opportunities
- Ability to problem solve independently, with ability to adapt to diverse audiences and environments
- Strong communication and relationship/team skills
- Strong computer skills (Excel, Powerpoint) with aptitude for learning new programs
- 3-5 years of retail/wholesale merchandising experience
Benefits at Gap
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs