About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path. From day one, we’ve been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we’re family.
About the role
The Inventory Management Senior Planner drives the creation, management and execution of sales and inventory plans, ensuring achievement of department and divisional financial goals. Manages at least 1 Analyst and provides support and guidance to achieve department goals.
• Oversees the development of department & class level plans that support the annual, seasonal, monthly, and weekly market strategy
• Develop tops/down dept/class sales and inventory plans that align with division objectives
• Develop style level sales and inventory plans
• Own bottoms/Up financial reconciliation of class to department
• Inform and validate the promotional strategy that impacts marketing.
• Drive strategies to positively impact assortment and financials.
• Own business recaps (week, month, quarterly) to inform short term and long term financial strategies/action plans
• Lead demand driven buying efforts
• Own Open to Buy and sales and inventory forecasting, including assessing total risks and creating resolutions
• Recommend and execute in-season pricing strategies
• Drives business discussions and adjusts strategies to maximize results
• Take on subject matter expert responsibilities, Division responsibilities and/or additional global projects
• Manage 1 or more Inventory Analyst(s); balance workload priorities for direct report, and support direct reports’ career development and skill development to ensure job satisfaction, retention and future talent development.
• Create a collaborative, innovative and results-oriented environment
• Influence others, both functional and cross functional partners, to drive results
Who you are
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
• 3-5 years relevant work experience, preferably in Inventory Management
• Financial and Business Acumen: Ability to evaluate financial and business indicators and translate data into actionable information to drive results; proficiency in retail math
• Problem Solving & Decision Quality: Able to use rigorous logic and methods to solve problems with effective solutions
• Influencing & Negotiation: Can present ideas and directions that lead others to action
• Systems and Tools Acumen: Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, and have aptitude to learn technical applications quickly
• Collaboration: Able to build constructive and effective relationships with a broad and diverse group of business partners
• Ability to handle various, complex, and dynamic work streams at the same time while meeting deliverables with accuracy
• Possess strong organizational and time management skills
• Demonstrate strong listening, written and oral communication skills
• Developing Direct Reports & Motivating Others: Ability to hire, train, develop, and retain direct reports
• Must have prior experience managing others
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Old Navy
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs