About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
The Digital Performance & Growth team works with the central and brand business teams to deliver and foster successful usage of commercial retail technology with a focus on helping to discover breakthrough business impact. Our goal is to continuously improve the commerce platforms through accelerated adoption of off-the-shelf tools and services, along with the support required to enable continued growth.
We are seeking a Growth Operations Manager to work across the organization with both central teams and brand partners to execute cutting-edge personalization experiences that will grow business in our brands. The Growth Team is a key function within Digital Performance & Growth, on the front lines of Gap Inc’s Site Optimization initiatives and Ecom Operations support. As a Growth Manager of Digital Operations, you will drive a number of Gap Inc’s high-profile fulfillment programs, as well as assist to execute the team’s roadmap and strategy. You will help business stakeholders decide the best approach for execution, own delivery, and manage the lifecycle of the customer experience by working with supply chain, insights, design, product management, development, engineering, and other cross-functional partners. We partner with brands to evangelize, educate, and engage teams on personalization.
What you'll do
- Work in close partnership with digital stakeholders (Product Management, Operations, Supply Chain) throughout the lifecycle of multiple high profile fulfillment programs to ensure flawless execution
- Respond to urgent requests from digital stakeholders to optimize customer experience throughout the shopping journey and facilitate execution
- Strategic partner and advisor to implement changes to Shipping Options based on Supply Chain direction
- Consult with Product Management to influence product roadmaps and requirements based on the institutional knowledge of operations, customer behavior, and technology
- Drive scope, schedules, deliverables, and communicate roadblocks; own documentation of project requirements, planning, and design of new features
- Provide technical direction and requirements to Web Developers for various site experiences and tests
- A user of both internal and external eCommerce software and technologies to program tests and troubleshoot issues
- Facilitate regularly scheduled status meetings, track agendas and meeting follow-ups
- Assist in coordinating project activities with cross-functional business partners including Strategy, Creative/UX, Product Management, Web Development, GapTech, among others
Who you are
- 5+ years of experience working in eCommerce/digital operations (retail and/or fulfillment a plus)
- Excellent project management & communication skills and technical aptitude required
- Intermediate understanding of A/B testing methodologies
- Experience writing requirements for front-end developers and QA instructions
- Understanding of web analytics and key performance metrics that digital and retail companies use to measure test results and business performance; ability to provide strategic recommendations based on results and drive action
- Ability to build strong relationships with a variety of your stakeholders, from executives to developers to marketing and product managers
- Experience with Content Management Systems, Audience Management Systems, and AB testing tools
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative and fast-paced remote environment
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs