For the past 22 years, we’ve committed ourselves and our brand to a single aim: to empower all women and girls. Inspiration. Collaboration. Connection. Inclusivity. It’s what we do best, and we’re on the hunt for people who share our passion for leading an active lifestyle, growing personally as well as professionally, and creating game-changing products and experiences.
We use business as a force for good by putting people and the planet right up there with profit, which is why Athleta is a certified B Corp. Ready to make a move? Join us. Because we know that alone we’re strong, but together we’re unstoppable.
About the role
At Athleta, our mission is to ignite a community of active, healthy, confident women and girls who empower each other to reach their limitless potential. We're looking for those who continually push themselves to be their best while celebrating inclusivity & diversity, sustainability, innovation, and equality. We conceptualize and create solves with the customer at our core. We work as a team and recognize the value of being a part of something bigger.
The Associate Digital Marketing Manager – Paid Media plays a key role on Athleta’s digital and paid media marketing teams and is primarily responsible for seamlessly coordinating and executing tasks associated with digital media and brand partnerships for Athleta’s Canada business. This person will be delivering strategic, targeted & innovative messaging to a prospective audience and driving new customer acquisition within the awareness funnel of paid media. This person will also work cross functionally to bridge the Canada awareness efforts with the performance channels. This role will report to the Digital Marketing Manager and will focus efforts on Athleta’s Canada business.
What you'll do
- Work closely with Digital Marketing Manager and digital team to develop strategy, timeline, and creative briefs for digital seasonal ad development and execution across digital partnerships and display for the Athleta Canada business
- Partner effectively with brand marketing, web merchandising, Canada performance channel leads and media agency to ensure support of the business initiatives while also giving prospective customers a compelling mix of creative messaging
- Play a key role in managing relationship with media agency, including day-to-day communication, status meetings, etc.
- Confidently manage creative development process including coordinating copywriting, graphic design and/or imagery efforts and work closely with creative & copy teams to ensure digital and paid ads are on brand while also driving brand awareness, engagement, and additional performance metrics
- Manage & analyze reporting for Canada digital channels & share out insights from multiple vendors & partners
- Manage the Canada fiscal year paid media budget and partner closely with finance on monthly forecasting process
- Help to identify and create A/B testing opportunities on digital, and develop creative best practices from the learnings
- Work closely with media agency to develop analytic reports to showcase weekly and monthly campaign performance with recommendations for optimizations of future ad campaigns
- Ongoing analysis/projects as needed to deep dive into specific campaigns & key learnings
- Work proactively with merchandising, marketing and planning teams to identify strong product messaging to link creative messaging & product in Canada
Who you are
- Bachelor’s Degree (marketing preferred) and 3+ years of experience in digital marketing (preferably in Canada or with Canadian businesses), focusing on media partnerships – with fashion/apparel and/or consumer brands
- Located within commuting distance of our San Francisco, CA office (or willing to re-locate)
- Media planning experience, including managing media agency and/or working for an agency, with a passion for digital that manifests in a drive to remain active in multiple digital networks
- Strong project management experience, collaboration skills and ability to form effective partnerships across cross-functional teams – design, merchandising, marketing, creative, and agency
- Effective time and project management skills, thriving on working in a collaborative, dynamic, fast-paced work environment
- Strong critical thinking skills and extensive experience with quantitative analysis
- Ability to analyze data and extract relevant and actionable insights. Omniture experience a plus
- Strong verbal, written communication and presentation skills with a marketing mindset and the ability to articulate how an idea comes to life
- Proficient with Microsoft suite and project management tools; adept at learning new tools and technologies
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Athleta
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs