Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that’s run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand – our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We’ve built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what’s next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we’re headed, we’d love to have you join us.
About the role
The Senior Director - Digital Creative Marketing will be responsible for how the Gap brand is visually represented through our digital, social and paid media channels. It will include the creative development and execution of the consumer experience and brand look and feel, leveraging the brand vision and seasonal concept direction from the Brand Creative Director. This role works closely with cross-functional marketing and digital teams to drive innovation, successful execution and a seamless customer experience. As a visual guardian of our brand, this role will be focused on understanding the competitive digital landscape and elevating our brand aesthetic. The Senior Director - Digital Creative Marketing will lead a team that consists of designers for specialty, factory and international.
What you'll do
- Understands the brand vision and crafts unique storytelling experiences.
- Brings and maintains brand relevance to the consumer.
- Develops and retains a high-caliber digital creative team by assessing current and future needs.
- Delivers exceptional creative in all vehicles, on time and integrated with seasonal briefs.
- Drives team to creative excellence with on-brand, innovative visuals.
- Maintain visual and conceptual consistency across all platforms
- Conceptualize break through digital creative that is modern and disruptive with dynamic storytelling.
- Collaborates with peers to concept creative that supports the overall branding and marketing objectives.
- Researches competitive landscape across global markets to identify seasonal trends, fashion trends, artistic inspiration and references.
- Exceptional client presentation experience, with the ability to articulate and sell-in creative.
Who you are
- Minimum of 10 years of creative management experience.
- Strong track record of establishing a creative vision that drives awareness, acquisition and loyalty through the digital experience. Ecommerce experience required.
- Ability to think creatively and commercially to drive business with innovative digital ideas that execute across platforms and media vehicles.
- Strong understanding of retail business structure. Proven experience in working effectively in creative and merchandising organizations.
- Ability to develop and manage relationships with key business partners and stakeholders to improve performance of digital programs while maintaining integrity of brand experience.
- Self-starter with strong creative point of view, and persuasive communicator.
- Able to manage and lead through change; strong problem-solving skills especially with emerging digital platforms and media.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Candidates must include a link to their portfolio to be considered.
Benefits at Gap
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs