About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
The Communications Specialist will play an important role within Gap Inc.’s Global Communications team to develop and implement strategic employee communication programs and storytelling for Gap Inc.’s People + Culture organization. The successful candidate is someone who is comfortable working with cross-functional people teams, including Total Rewards, Talent Performance Management, Employee Experience (Benefits), and People Enablement, while also supporting our critical Future of Work initiative. This role will report into the Senior Manager, People Communications within the People + Culture team.
The Specialist will be able to create compelling content across multiple formats and channels (internal and external) that inspire employees to bring their best selves to work, while driving home our performance growth culture. As part of a high-performing team, the candidate will have a bias for action and problem-solving, be comfortable working in a fast-moving environment and dealing with ambiguity, and bring a solid understanding of the people communications funtion.
What you'll do
- Build and manage proactive communications plans – including content, execution timelines, and distribution strategies – for annual HR events throughout the year, including Rewards, Bonus Roll-Out, Open Enrollment and more.
- Partner with our Employee Experience team to ensure that employees are well-informed on new and existing benefits and work perks.
- Champion our Future of Work initiative by creating content to engage employees and bring them along for the journey, while also templatizing progress reports to keep leaders across the enterprise informed
- Lead communications on Gap Inc.’s continuous listening platform, or employee survey. Partner closely with Talent Operations to distribute survey invitations to targeted groups and distill feedback into employee storytelling.
- Master our intranet platform to support the team in posting stories, making updates, and creating new pages
- Create and manage project timelines to ensure deadlines are met and events run seamlessly.
- Understand business priorities, company values and industry trends to shape audience-relevant communications.
- Use metrics and reporting to track internal results, measure effectiveness, and identify needs: measure and track results; prepare presentations and reports for executives; and leverage results to make recommendations and refine communications approach.
Who you are
- An individual contributor who is curious about our business, has a passion for people-related work, and is confident and responsive working with executives.
- Minimum 5 years of directly relevant experience knowledge, skills and abilities; in-house Corporate Communications and HR experience ideal.
- Superb, persuasive writing skills, experience on an executive communications team, and proficient at executive presentations and reports.
- Highly organized with acute attention to detail and proven track record of working in a cross-functional communications environment.
- Demonstrated agility with juggling multiple projects under deadline, optimizing resources and self-prioritizing work.
- A successful candidate is highly collaborative, inclusive, creative, flexible, able to build constructive and effective relationships with a broad and diverse group of business partners.
- Experience effectively using PowerPoint and Mailchimp, as well as defining KPIs and showcasing data-driven results.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs