Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that’s run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand – our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We’ve built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what’s next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we’re headed, we’d love to have you join us.
About the role
This position supports Company Planning for Gap Specialty North America stores, including developing the annual operating budget, daily, weekly & monthly forecast for sales, gross margin, and inventory metrics, while also helping drive profitable in-season inventory management.
What you'll do
- Partner with cross-functional teams to develop sales and inventory targets for North America Specialty stores that support the company’s Annual Operating Plan.
- Develop pre-season and in-season forecasts that influence commercial plan decision-making to maximize inventory productivity and top-line sales/margin while clearly communicating risks and opportunities to the company forecast
- Deliver credible forecasts grounded in commercial activities and inventory positions, with related Reg & Markdown and sales lever forecasts.
- Deliver consistent and compelling weekly business updates that provide concise, fact-based diagnostics regarding business performance, thereby facilitating timely decision-making.
- Supports the completion, submission, and accuracy of monthly corporate forecast.
- Keep business partners updated on emerging issues and company strategies and direction.
- Take initiative and explore ways to better understand competitors, industry performance and macro-economic trends as relevant for development of financial plans.
Who you are
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA a plus. 3-5 years of work experience, preferably with inventory management or retail planning and forecasting experience.
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills, including ability to formulate business strategy
- Demonstrated experience in managing multiple priorities and workload in a fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to build strong partnerships and influence decision-making
- Self-motivated: able to make quick, calculated decisions, follow through with responsibilities and be accountable for results.
- Advanced competency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint and the ability to learn new applications quickly. Essbase experience a plus.
Benefits at Gap
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs