About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
We are in an exciting stage of evolution as the rules of the retail industry are changing rapidly. We must deliver tangible value to our global company in every stage of our product lifecycle. The Gap Inc Product Management organization will do this through the relentless pursuit of great software experiences while considering operating advantage and positive community impact. The work impacts millions of customers worldwide that love our iconic brands of Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, and Athleta.
At Gap Inc, almost all our applications are homegrown, and we, therefore, collaborate in the full ideation and development of our capabilities from Supply Chain, Reporting, and Internal Operations, to our Website, Fulfillment, and Customer Experience. We have roles open in many areas of the Product to Market cycle and you will partner with business leaders and a global engineering team to build custom software that powers a $16 billion Fortune 500 Company. We're looking for the people who'll help make our next decade just as revolutionary as our first five.
The Director of Store Innovation will be responsible for reimagining the role of the store through technology-driven tools and experiences with a focus on our growth brands: Old Navy and Athleta. You will be given a license to create with audacity working side by side with our brand strategy teams to unleash the potential of our stores. This role will source, test and evaluate new methods to remove friction from the shopping experience and increase the overall productivity of our store fleet.
The role requires a strong customer-focused mindset; a combination of business savvy, customer centricity and technical knowledge. We are looking for experienced product managers that drive collaboration and innovation without boundaries and that don’t wait for the solutions to be defined for them. You should be experienced in guiding product development, making tough tradeoffs, and figuring out the business value and what’s right for customers.
What you'll do
- Defines a vision and roadmap for the domain and applications as well as informs interdependent roadmaps to deliver business capabilities through technology enablement.
- Cultivates partnership, active listening, and advocacy with peers (product leaders, product team and stakeholders), facilitating new connections and relationship-building.
- Manage a team of product managers, external agencies and vendor partners to deliver against priorities; Ensures team has clear communication of project scopes, timing, prioritization, budgets, resource needs, and progress on an ongoing basis
- Interfaces with all levels of management, implementing processes and technology that support business value and process efficiency across the business and technical functions; Drive business process changes necessary to simplify and optimize operations end to end across the value chain.
- Continuously identify opportunities, analyze business benefit, evaluate ROI and prioritize and negotiate initiatives to develop a roadmap that delivers on the vision and strategy
- Creates comprehensive product strategy and clear product vision for the product group.
- Results-oriented with a demonstrated sense of urgency to drive multiple projects to successful completion; Critical thinker who can anticipate roadblocks and proactively address
Who you are
- 10+ years of experience in omnichannel retail, strategy, consumer insights
- Solid functional understanding of software development and deconstructing customer or technology problems
- BA/BS with emphasis on quantitative skills such as in economics, business, mathematics, engineering; MBA or master’s preferred in a related field.
- Experience managing and implementing transformational store and omnichannel related initiatives
- Demonstrated ability to try fast, learn fast, and think big.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and projects, to prioritize, and adapt to a changing environment, utilizing critical thinking, and problem-solving skills, and a strong ability to work with complex and detailed data.
- Demonstrated ability to think globally/strategically and frame new and complex issues - a serious thought leader that can make strategic choices and help focus the organization on the most critical and value-added activities.
- Must be willing to roll up sleeves and get work done - a productive contributor to detailed content, with a strong sense of accountability and ownership.
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs