About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
The Communications Specialist will play an important role within Gap Inc.’s Employee Engagement + Branding team to craft and execute strategies and content plans that engage our employee audience and inspire the way employees, prospective employees, busines partners and customers think about Gap Inc. This role will also serve as a key resource partner to the Athleta brand ensuring alignment to key brand and company objectives.
The successful candidate is someone who is a strategic thinker, collaborates effectively within matrixed teams with confidence, and shapes compelling content across multiple formats and channels. We are looking for someone who can help drive the teams’ goals and key strategies forward through clear, effective and inspiring communications, as well as create compelling storytelling for our internal and external audiences that elevates the profile of Gap Inc.
The specialist will bring a solid understanding of content strategy and project management to a cross-function, high-performing team. The successful candidate will have a bias for action, be comfortable working in a fast-moving environment and dealing with ambiguity.
What you'll do
- Build and manage proactive communications plans – including content, execution timelines, and distribution strategies – for internal and external audiences in support of company culture and employee engagement goals across the organization.
- Serve as culture and engagement brand champion to lead to-way communication between Gap Inc and Athleta’s brand values and behaviors.
- Liaise with Editorial team and larger Communication organization to request assets, identify storytelling opportunities and oversee content development and publishing on our Intranet or Newsroom as appropriate.
- Distil and synthesize data and information from across the company to develop a range of communications materials (emails, presentations, web pages, blog posts, etc.)
- Create and manage project timelines to ensure deadlines are met and events run seamlessly.
- Understand business priorities, company values and industry trends to shape audience-relevant communications.
- Use metrics and reporting to track internal results, measure effectiveness, and identify needs: measure and track results; prepare presentations and reports for executives; and leverage results to make recommendations and refine communications approach.
Who you are
- An individual contributor who is curious about our business, is a confident writer and comfortable working cross-function and with senior leaders.
- Minimum 3 years of directly relevant experience knowledge, skills and abilities; in-house Corporate Communications or Digital Marketing experience ideal. Passion for corporate culture and purpose-drive brands ideal.
- Highly organized with acute attention to detail and proven track record managing projects within a communications environment.
- Demonstrated agility with juggling multiple projects under deadline, optimizing resources and self-prioritizing work.
- A successful candidate is highly collaborative, inclusive, creative, flexible, able to build constructive and effective relationships with a broad and diverse group of business partners.
- Experience effectively using PowerPoint, MailChimp and website CMS systems as well as defining KPIs and showcasing data-driven results.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs