About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
As a team member of the Plan, Book and Allocate organization, we’re looking for a Software Engineer who will actively participate in requirement gathering and technical design discussions. This role will design highly scalable and high-performing technology solutions in an Agile work environment and produce and deliver code and/or test cases using Agile practices. This individual will work closely with business support teams and product managers to assist in resolving critical production issues help simplify and improve business processes through the latest in technology and automation.
The Power BI and Azure Analysis Services DevOps position will be responsible for creating Power BI report and this individual will need to be able to understand data relationships and translate to models in Azure Analysis Service in order to benchmark performance and automate deployment.
What you'll do
- Create Power BI reporting leveraging the ability to understand data relationships and be able to translate to models in Azure Analysis Service.
- Build real-time/batch data ingestion from multiple sources using Azure Data Factory / Azure Automation / Databricks-Spark as well as analyze and build new reports in Power BI.
- Work with various data sources, analyze and benchmark reporting performance, deploy to various non-production and production environments and migrate to Azure working with Azure services.
- Work with existing data extraction methods to feed reporting platform and work on POC to prove out any technologies.
Who you are
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent experience and 3+ years of developing reports and dashboard experience in MS Power BI. Ability to write SQL and API queries.
- Proficient experience in: Azure Synapse Analytics, Azure Analysis Services,Azure Data Factory, Azure Automation, Power BI, and PowerShell.
- High energy self-starter, detail and quality-oriented and able to work independently
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills along with excellent research and problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and execute tasks across multiple projects with tight deadlines and aggressive goals.
- Ability to understand complex issues and clearly articulate complex ideas.
- Good understanding of Data Ingestion techniques using Azure DataFactory, SSIS or similar technologies
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs