About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
This position is a 2nd shift position responsible for the cleaning and upkeep of the Distribution Center. This includes the warehouse and office areas of the facility. Works within safety guidelines and under the guidance of the Maintenance Supervisor and Assistant Supervisor.
1. Job Functions
What you'll do
- General Mechanical Aptitude – Ability to perform cleaning and to lift 25 lbs. Proven abilities through past experience, either formal or informal training.
- Department Safety – Responsible for following all safety guidelines and procedures.
- Maintenance Supply Management – Ensure maintenance supply department maintains accurate and economically balanced level of janitorial supplies, tools (mops or dust brooms) and materials.
- Other duties as assigned.
2. Responsibilities and Evaluation Criteria
- Clean and sanitize all restrooms daily.
- Clean all air vents.
- Clean all windows.
- Clean all floors and shampoo carpets.
- Clean spills.
- Empty trash and recycle bins (cans and paper).
- Notify Assistant Maintenance Supervisor of any building problems (i.e. leaking faucets, burnt out light bulbs, inoperable dispensers).
- Stock janitorial closets with supplies.
- Keep janitorial supplies at or above the minimum reorder points.
- Make supply purchasing recommendations to the Assistant Maintenance Supervisor.
- Provide training to new custodians.
- Work area must be clean and neat.
- Assist in each department when needed.
- Willingness to work any and all shifts, including weekends and overtime.
Maintain a high level of contact with DC associates and management, Assistant Maintenance Supervisor, Maintenance Technicians and Maintenance Coordinator. Work closely with local vendors and contractors to support company projects. Key relationships with Maintenance Supervisor, management staff, maintenance staff and DC associates.
Who you are
1) Knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Promoting teamwork
- Customer focus
- Provide feedback
- General Aptitude and Skill
- 1 year of practical experience as a custodian
- Time Management
- Strong written and oral communication
2) Minimum educational level:
3) Minimum experience:
- 1 year minimum maintenance custodian and/or professional trade.
4) Physical Requirements:
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds.
- Must present a professional demeanor and appearance at all times. This will include, but not limited to, facial hair being well trimmed, hair pulled back and combed, and having a clean, well pressed uniform.
- Attire must include leather boots, long pants, and shirts with sleeves. Jewelry is not permitted.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta
- Telehealth: Live on-demand video visits with a physician 24/7
- Access to specially negotiated discounted rates for Vision and Dental care
- Safe & Clean Environment
- Incentive Based Pay
- Climate Controlled Environment
- Opportunity to convert to Full Time
- Weekly Pay
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs