About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
As a team member of the Fulfill & Ship Product Line organization, we’re looking for a Software Engineer who will be part of the DevOps product team and can work on requirements gathering, design, development, deployment, and support phases of a product. This role will design highly scalable and high-performing technology solutions in an Agile work environment and produce and deliver code and/or test cases using Agile practices. This individual will work closely with business support teams and product managers to assist in resolving critical production issues and improve business processes through the latest in technology and automation.
This individual will need to stay current on the latest in technology and methodology in the market and be able to perform proof of concepts to better understand how they fit into the Gap landscape and to apply usefulness and effectiveness to the organization upon adoption.
This role is critical to develop and support vendor software applications and integrate with several WMS systems across both retail and online platforms.
What you'll do
- Partner with product management, technical management, and architecture in the design of software products.
- Write well-written, self-documenting code that follows best practices and design patterns.
- Design, implement and launch highly-visible features for our Global Supply Chain platform.
- Develop and review software for large complex business problems within and across projects or within one or more systems.
- Lead external providers in defining technical specifications and development efforts as appropriate
- Practice automation, continuous integration and continuous delivery embracing the DevOps mindset. Collaborate with vendor partners and manage the delivery of projects, bug fixes and deployments
- Work with project teams, operations, and support teams to assure timely resolution to production and project issues. Apply best practices in Software Engineering and train others on practices and standards
Who you are
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience. 6+ years of software development experience with retail and fulfillment domains
- Experience in Develop/Design Warehouse Management open systems (WMOS) or any WMS and warehouse control systems
- Proficient in Java, Oracle MY SQL, C/Pro*C, IBM MQ, REST/SOAP, Shell scripting, TCP/IP protocols, REST, SpringBoot
- Experience working with Continuous Integration and the environment development of build pipeline using Jenkins and Chef.
- 5-7+ years of experience with Supply chain technologies, electrical mechanical conveyance, and Information Technology, within supply chain logistics and specifically with material handling and Manhattan WMoS
- Ability to collaborate and work with several businesses and IT partners. Able to use rigorous logic and methods to solve problems with effective solutions
- Able to build constructive and effective relationships with a broad and diverse group of business partners
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs