About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
We are in an exciting stage of evolution as the rules of the retail industry are changing rapidly. We must deliver tangible value to our global company in every stage of our product lifecycle. The Gap Inc Product Management organization will do this through the relentless pursuit of great software experiences while considering operating advantage and positive community impact. The work impacts millions of customers worldwide that love our iconic brands of Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, and Athleta.
At Gap Inc, almost all our applications are homegrown, and we, therefore, collaborate in the full ideation and development of our capabilities from Supply Chain, Reporting, and Internal Operations, to our Website, Fulfillment, and Customer Experience. We have roles open in many areas of the Product to Market cycle and you will partner with business leaders and a global engineering team to build custom software that powers a $16 billion Fortune 500 Company. We're looking for the people who'll help make our next decade just as revolutionary as our first five.
As a Senior Product Manager supporting our enterprise API development strategy, you will work with your product management and GapTech counterparts and leaders to understand upcoming capabilities and help to scope out the best-in-class API strategy. You will collaborate across the enterprise to ensure that the end-to-end implementation journey is thorough and thoughtful. You will work closely with the engineering and architecture teams to drive the overall governance of APIs across the organization. As part of the Omnichannel Fulfillment team, you will have visibility to the enterprise from a centralized role where you will also be exposed to exciting developments in our customers’ omnichannel experiences.
The role requires a strong product mindset; a combination of business savvy, customer centricity and technical knowledge. We are looking for experienced product managers that have an inquisitive nature and want to solve complex business and customer problems without boundaries.
What you'll do
- Responsible for multiple product development lifecycles and prioritizes across broad initiatives with complex scope; Conducts analysis to measure the results of API deployments to quantify the business benefit/impact and identify further opportunities.
- Supports the development of a consistent set of clean domain-centric APIs that implement Gap’s business processes across multiple products and oversees the management of the enterprise API catalog
- Help drive an API governance council focused on upholding standards, schemas, and guiding principles.
- Builds trust, establishes rapport, with stakeholders, cross-functional teams and user base; Helps mentor and provide guidance to other passionate product managers in the team
- Manages multi-phase roadmaps across many capabilities both functional and technical
- Anticipates user needs and desired outcomes and articulates impact across products; Ensure strong measurement and quantitative understanding of services - opportunities, benefits achieved customer pain points.
- Works with business and other Product teams to develop or modify processes, supporting post-launch change management efforts, as needed.
- Articulates product needs clearly and succinctly to different audiences and cross-functional partners
Who you are
- 6+ years of experience in a technology environment with experience in designing, developing and implementing platforms, APIs, and/or complex customer capabilities
- Experience working with large software engineering teams both within and outside of your domain
- Demonstrated technical acumen; ability to influence and debate solutions with technical team members, to understand technology solutions and potential tradeoffs and to represent technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
- Demonstrated leadership of direct and/or indirect teams.
- Ability to work independently; able to successfully operate in areas of uncertainty and ambiguity; self-starter and quick learner; calm and efficient under pressure
- Be versatile and be able to prioritize/handle multiple initiatives in a fast-paced environment with tough deadlines
- BA/BS with emphasis on quantitative skills such as in economics, business, mathematics, engineering; MBA or Masters in related field is a bonus
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs