About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path. From day one, we’ve been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we’re family.
About the role
The Concept Designer, Active is part of the broader Old Navy Concept team within Apparel Design.
What you'll do
- Responsible for managing the conceptual process from beginning of a season to end of a season while partnering with the Director to ensure alignment on priorities and direction.
- Consistently shop and research the marketplace, including our competitors for inspirations and opportunities in product assortments and storytelling.
- Big picture thinker who thrives off thinking about brands through a holistic creative lens and who is also able to communicate these ideas thoroughly and clearly.
- Ability to translate macro ideas into storytelling that ultimately delivers tasteful, commercial, and brand relevant color, print, fabrication, detail, and silhouette direction that can impact bottomline and inspire.
- Collaborative attitude that proactively engages with cross-functional team members to achieve best results.
- Works efficiently and extensively exhibiting high proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite to deliver impactful visuals as per needed.
- Must be comfortable presenting in front of various audiences with differentiating deliverables.
- Invested in growth through mentoring and managing other junior team members with constructive and thoughtful feedback and direction.
Who you are
- College degree in Fashion Design or a related field
- 4 - 6 years design experience, experience with Design/Concept within a corporate brand preferred, but not required.
- Strong background in brand and creative storytelling with a focus on apparel product.
- Has management experience.
- Strong understanding of big picture conceptual design within specific brand parameters.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, especially Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
- Ability to manage and help develop skills of direct reports.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Highly adaptable personality that can thrive with fluidity and ease in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong problem-solving skills along with ability to multitask and prioritize.
- Good and effective presentation skills both when creating 2D visuals or delivering 3D presentations.
- Strong sense of style, color, and overall visual presentation.
- Ability to identify key trends and determine how they appropriately relate to the brand/consumer.
- Thorough knowledge and passion for Male Design and Male product.
- Clear and effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to establish good relationships with business partners and department staff.
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Old Navy
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs