Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that’s run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand – our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We’ve built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what’s next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we’re headed, we’d love to have you join us.
About the role
Leads the development and management of store labor plans which support delivering sales productivity and profitability targets, for both Specialty and Outlet stores across North America. This role is a critical business partner to store and operational teams, providing strong financial analysis and recommendations to improve sales and profitability in North America stores. Partners with Field and Operations senior leaders.
What you'll do
- Lead, motivate and develop a team of two direct reports
- Manage the monthly forecast, monthly close, and yearly budget process for all store payroll, store expenses and upper field accounts. Partners with business owners to manage expenses within budget and with strong cost controls. Highlights risks and opportunities to leadership
- Deliver store labor budgets and forecasts which align to business objectives, financial targets, and are grounded in fact-based assumptions and productivity strategies
- Analyze trends, provide actionable reporting, summarize findings and present recommendations to drive cost and efficiency improvement
- Manage the setting of quarterly store incentive targets for sales and controllable contribution and evaluating performance against targets. Partners with leadership to set targets which best motivate delivering strong financial results
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with business partners and cross- functional teams at all levels of the organization
Who you are
- Bachelor's degree required; MBA preferred
- 7+ years of financial or business analysis, retail finance preferred
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships and influence decision-making with cross-functional business partners and leadership
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills, including ability to formulate and present business strategy to executive leadership
- Strong technical aptitude, including ability and desire to learn company systems and tools and ability to perform root cause analysis
- Proven experience in managing and developing a team
- Self-motivated, able to make quick, calculated decisions, follow through with responsibilities and be accountable for results
- Advanced competency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint. Essbase strongly preferred
Benefits at Gap
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs