About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
In support of Gap Inc’s commitment to double the representation of Black and Latinx employees at all levels in our U.S. HQ offices by 2025, with a particular focus on functions that make and market our products, the Diversity Talent Scout is a new role for our Brand’s Creative Talent Acquisition organization.
As a Diversity Talent Scout, you’re responsible for executing our diversity sourcing strategy in partnership with the Director, Creative Talent Acquisition and our team of Creative Recruiters. You’re a treasure hunter and networking comes naturally to you. You thrive off of making connections that may not naturally happen. Our Diversity Talent Scout will unearth incredible talent and engage with recruiting partners to identify, develop, and execute effective sourcing strategies to build great diverse teams in response to Gap Incs commitment to “Create for All, with All” . You’re a champion of both the business and talent and are responsible for finding talent that no one else can through the relationships you build and the creative and innovative sourcing techniques you employ.
What you'll do
- Employ creative sourcing methods and storytelling to discover and attract a diverse talent pool.
- Attract high potential talent through diverse strategies to begin to cultivate equal curiosity, access, and opportunites to careers in Fashion/Retail.
- Effectively manage relationships with recruiters, business partners, and our Equality and Belonging teams.
- Deliver a diverse candidate slate to Creative Recruiters based on current and future business needs.
- Manage partnerships and build relationships with internal partners, such as our Employee Resource Groups, and external partners.
- Deliver industry trends, marketplace insights and competitive intelligence to help define and iterate our diversity recruiting strategies. Identify, develop, and employ measurable effective diversity sourcing strategies for current and future talent needs.
- Ability to flex and work within multiple functions/channels offering sourcing support as needed.
- Responsible for working with talent branding on social media recruiting and other internal/external marketing initiatives.
Who you are
- 3+years in equivalent role as a diversity sourcer, talent researcher, talent scout, or recruiter.
- You’re a problem solver. You can work through complex issues and find solutions by effectively balancing individual responsibility while considering the businesses needs and goals.
- Experience driving complex and diverse search strategies to identify & attract diverse passive talent. Being organized motivates you. You can effectively prioritize and manage multiple tasks in an environment with competing demands.
- You’re an excellent communicator. Your written and verbal communication are strong and you’re able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
- You’re a relationship builder. You thrive off of building strong and productive relationships.
- You have experience creating and executing written and visual communications related to talent branding on various social platforms.
- Knowledge of EEO, ADA, and employment laws.
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs